Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded CBR600 vs H/C/I C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded CBR600 vs H/C/I C5 Z06

I ran a friend of mine who has a modded CBR last weekend. It has a tune, exhaust, gears, and a driver mod.

I left my nitrous bottle at home so this race was with me on motor. We line up for a 40 roll. I'm in 2nd gear and let him take the hit. He pulls a car and a half on me almost instantly and we stayed like that the whole time.

I wasn't really suprised that I lost. I was kind of expecting it. Ive raced a few other 600's with bad riders on them and was able to beat them, so it was nice seeing the difference of what a good rider could do with a bike for a change.

I told him I wanted a rematch with me on spray next time.. But it was all in good fun and it's nice to race something faster occasionally.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What year CBR600? Not surprised he jumped instantly and you stuck to him. My C5 with passenger at 430/400 at wheels (close to yours on motor I believe.??) vs a R6 with sprockets and good rider was a very close race at 2nd gear rolls. Bike would jump out 1 to 1.5 car length then I'd slowly start reeling him in. I should get new runs with that bike with my new custom cam and no passenger.
Good race.

Quick Reply: Modded CBR600 vs H/C/I C5 Z06