Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression issues

Hey guys, I had a questions as to my future purchases. I was wondering is a set of 5.3 stage 2 heads that are 59cc will work with a Polluter cam? Will i have to fly cut pistons? Also, will I be able to run pump gas with the 59cc heads or will the compression be fine. I did a search and I found that i would most likely be okay running 93 but I would like to make sure before I buy anything.

One last thing, how would this combo perform with nitrous? Stock intake for now, but will most likely be a FAST 92. What kind of power/streetability am I looking at?

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The polluter cam could have clearance issues with 59cc 5.3 heads. You'll need to measure to be sure.

This is it: Tick Performance's FLAGSHIP custom camshaft! We designed the Polluter to be the BIGGEST nitrous-friendly camshaft that you can fit into a stock bottom end LS1 engine with stock heads without having to notch the pistons for safe clearance. This cam absolutely loves being sprayed on, but performs exceptionally well in a motor-only application as well.

Advertised Specifications @ .050": 24x/24x (.61x"/.61x") 112LSA

NEWSFLASH: Big cams make big horsepower in these LS1 cars - no surprise there. When we began testing our Polluter cam, one factor was a huge surprise: the TORQUE! This cam made 417rwhp & 391rwtq in a regular, every day cam only 2001 Camaro SS with cheap headers and an LS6 intake. No bells, whistles, dyno tricks or crazy expensive parts: the Tick Performance Polluter Cam makes great numbers and drives surprisingly well with a good tune, too. Make sure to check out all the pictures on this page for miscellaneous dyno graphs, and make sure you check out all the videos on this page for a sample of the NASTY idle this camshaft provides.

As a rule of thumb: NEVER install this camshaft without upgraded valvesprings and hardened pushrods!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

That's what I was worried about. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MMMichael
That's what I was worried about. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Big cam and milled heads with oversized valves = flycutting.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You will have to flycut to use our Polluter cam with those heads.

Compression will be perfectly fine and will run like a raped ape.

Here are some quick examples of raised compression/polluter cam dyno graphs. These are both with TFS heads and Fast 102 intakes, but you can get the idea that this cam LOVES higher CR and RPM's!

I also have a V.2 of the Polluter cam coming out very soon!

Both V.1 and V.2 will work well with moderate to large doses of nitrous with the V.2 getting the slight edge in that aspect.

Quick Reply: Compression issues