LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2 year battery??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 year battery??

Sooo the battery failed on my Impy two years ago. 5 years 50,000 miles. Ok, I replaced it with an ACDelco with a 7 yr warranty.

2 yrs and 25,000 miles later, the battery has failed again. I was working on my HIDs and left them on too long. Car wouldn't start. I left it on my trickle charger for a day. Drove from Philly to cape may, 100 miles, 1 hour 40 mins. It wouldn't start 15 mins later.

I replaced it with an Optima made by Deka (which I sell everyday) and everything seems great. Hopefully this can be the last problem for awhile, now that it's not a daily driver.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

I have learned that ac delco batteries can be a hit our miss. My last battery went 6 yrs while the one before only 2. Are you sure the car is charging at a good rate our any type of draw?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Teching In

A couple things here. Optima is not made by Deka. Deka may bring you Optima batteries on their route or arrangement with your store, but Optima Batteries are made by Optima, our parent company is Johnson Controls. Just to clear that up. No problem, but you know how it is, if someone reads it on the net, it must be fact..haha.
I am with badata, be sure to check for a parasitic drain on your system. Hopefully it was just a battery issue, but with it dying that quickly, you may have something draining it, and if it isn't a daily driver, even a small draw could do the trick, like a glovebox or trunk light.
Thanks,
Bill Howell
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Quick Reply: 2 year battery??