General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

95 Firebird Power Lock Problems

Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 95 Firebird Power Lock Problems

Razzle, frazzle, braggle, fraggle, graaar! Okay, so Saturday night, I go out, drive back home, hit the lock button on my car, and go to sleep. When I hit the lock button on my remote when I got home, the alarm system armed and both doors locked. Outskirts of Isaac hit us and it rained and poured cats and dogs and stormed all night. Got up yesterday to go out again. Hit the Unlock button on my remote. Alarm system deactivated but neither door unlocked. So now, what happens is if I hit my remote buttons, the alarm will arm or disarm. The trunk will open from the inside button or the remote. If I hit the lock button on the driver side, the doors will lock. If I hit the lock button on the passenger door, nothing happens. If I hit the unlock button on either door or turn the car on or off, the door locks do nothing. I tried unplugging the switches, cleaning the connections on both the switches and the wiring, and nothing. I've confirmed I have power to both switches but I wasn't able to do much more than that b/c of nightfall.

So, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated greatly. I really want to get this working again because I can forget sometimes.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone have an idea? It doesn't sound like power is even getting to the actuators to make them try to move except for when the doors lock from the driver switch. Fuses are good.

Last edited by DisasterFormula; 09-04-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Has a Python security system if that helps any.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a loose connection to a security system relay. All is well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 Firebird Power Lock Problems