Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Help Forged LS2 Turbo into F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help Forged LS2 Turbo into F-Body

Here's the deal. I traded a piece of **** quad I had for a roller camaro about a month ago. It's a real clean car and I'm focusing on doing everything it needs before spending money on drivetrain. I did come across a good deal on an LS2 block for cheap at a car meet talking to this kid. He told me he spun a bearing in his GTO so he's doing an lq9 in it. The car had 50k on it. We keep talking about he tells me his price and what not.

I got a LS2 short block with a spun bearing, 243 heads, lq9 intake, water pump, oil pan, and other front accessories, a f-body wiring harness and the truck ECU.

I paid 800 bucks for everything.

In the past I had an 06 GTO that I did a lot to. I loved the car but I got a really good deal on a c6z06 I couldn't pass up. I loved that car too but it was gonna get me in trouble. I've always wanted to build a roller and everything just worked out.

I've been searching like crazy but still can't decide what I want to do with this setup I got. I wouldn't mind using the LS2 block and forging the bottom end, doing a PT-88, through a built 6 speed. The car will mostly be a street highway car. I want it to be under 3k lbs and make around 700whp. I don't care so much about the numbers though its just a goal. I'd also like to run a mid 9.

Everyone calls me crazy because originally I wanted to do a budget build and just put around in this thing. Then I thought why do all that work for 400whp. It's not worth it.

I just need some people to push me off in the right direction. I have no problem reading a 60 page thread if it'll give me a bunch of info. I just haven't been able to find anything I want to.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I originally wanted an LQ4 before finding this LS2. Is it worth it to build the ls2?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything you mentioned is doable,but its pretty hard to get an fbody below 3000lbs with a turbo system in a street car.It will have to be a mostly bare bones car.The turbo setup is great though as it can be very well mannerd on the street and still make big power whenever you want it.You got a good start with the ls2 but I would not use the truck intake.Lots of options on a turbo kit,you can build your own,buy one ready to bolt on new or watch the for sale section and pick one up for a bargin if you are patient.

Last edited by SUPERBOOST; 09-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Some Help Forged LS2 Turbo into F-Body