Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

GM powered Wagoneer

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM powered Wagoneer

Hello. My name is BJ And hail from the Baltimore Md area. I'm in the process of gathering all of my parts to swap a 6.0 LQ4 from a 2003 Silverado 2500 into my 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. The waggy is on one ton axles with 37" Hummvee treads and is used for both street and hard wheeling. The stock 5.9 is a turd with a whopping 145hp from the factory and the shitty cold starting issues just plain annoy me so I bought my self a high mileage donor truck and am planning on starting my swap by mid October. I still need some more odds and ends but everything is coming together nicely. I will be running a 700R4 tranny behind the 6.0 mated to a doubler transfer case consisting of a NP241-Dana 300 for a super low crawl ratio.

Just wanted to say this is a great site and introduce myself
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Welcome. I also have a Wagoneer that will be getting a LSx very soon. Are you aware of any unique problems with the Wagoneer/LSx swap? Looking for the pullout engine/trans right now...
Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Default LS in a Wagoneer

I just finished putting a 5.3 into my 83 Wagoneer. i also changed out the tranny and transfer case for the auto 4 wheel drive from 03 Suburban. It was a pretty easy match. I must say I am very pleased with the results, not very often you can double your power and your gas mileage with the same upgrade. If you have any specific questions about the swap just ask.

Come along way since the video but i dont keep my camera in my tool box.

Quick Reply: GM powered Wagoneer