PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 timing tuner with n20 controls=false knock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 timing tuner with n20 controls=false knock?

I have an LS1 timing tuner that I bought a few years back that has always worked fine, but I believe it is going bad and before I pull it out I would like to ask a couple questions to make sure that the box could be the problem I am experiencing.

The first issue I had was that my car was randomly dying. It acted like the crank sensor was going out, and it wouldn't want to start back up. Until I tried tapping the timing tuner box. Then it fired right back up, and the only other time it has died since then it has fired right back up if I tap the box.

So I ran the SES codes and found that there is a crank sensor code popping up, and a knock sensor code. The crank sensor code I felt could be attributed to the box. But I'm not 100% sure. However, I had my tuner log some runs and at WOT my knock sensors pull 4 degrees of timing regardless of how much timing was put to the car. So at 25 degrees of timing it pulled 4 degrees and when he set it at 21 degrees it still pulled 4 degrees. So my main question is, would a malfunctioning # 159-LS1-TT cause the false knock that I am getting?

Quick Reply: Ls1 timing tuner with n20 controls=false knock?