Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How fargone is too fargone (01-02 WS6 Speedline rescue?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fargone is too fargone (01-02 WS6 Speedline rescue?)

Recently picked up a set of rashed but repairable WS6 Speedlines that I plan on running an offset on. Had a forum buddy a week later chime in about having 3 sitting around and thought to be FUBAR.

Took em off his hands for some Molson and called up James of Weldcraft on the set and he said they (all 7) were repairable from these images.. But I want to hear what 'tech wants to say on saving all 7. Reference: spiffy 4 are the good ones, the other 3 were living under a rock for 5 years or so.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I dont know if I have seen a chunk like that taken out of one these before...
Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ones i did were in way more bad shape than those,follow a detailed write up and they will turn out great
Old 09-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i didnt see the chunk,and honest i thought you were talking polishing them, i have fixed some pretty decent curb rashes but you cant fix a chunk lol,my bad
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The one with the chunk out of it should get you about $35.00 for scrap.

The others look save-able.

When I had my 94TA I got 3 WS6 rims with curb rash cheap and had them fixed for less than $75.00 a piece.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damm that is a lot of WS6 wheels.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Furious1
Wow, I dont know if I have seen a chunk like that taken out of one these before...
Neither had I until I picked 'em up. Didn't cost me anything and since they are supposedly fixable via Weldcraft I just see a net gain.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Ones i did were in way more bad shape than those,follow a detailed write up and they will turn out great
Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Yeah i didnt see the chunk,and honest i thought you were talking polishing them, i have fixed some pretty decent curb rashes but you cant fix a chunk lol,my bad
James said the rash was easy- 75ish max per wheel. The chunks could run 100 because they'll weld in pieces and will balance, similar to how you'd widen a wheel. They've done worse, some completely shattered.

Originally Posted by transamtom
The one with the chunk out of it should get you about $35.00 for scrap.

The others look save-able.

When I had my 94TA I got 3 WS6 rims with curb rash cheap and had them fixed for less than $75.00 a piece.
Yep, Weldcraft said they could do something about them but the chunked ones would be purely show and not be game for widening due to compromised structural integrity. I'm thinking I may run the lesser damaged 'dirty' pair as fronts and turn the chunked one into a hose reel rack. Widen two of the cleaner rashed pair and keep the other two as 275 rears if I felt like going non-offset.

Originally Posted by 69TA
Damm that is a lot of WS6 wheels.
That's what everyone that walks into my garage says. What you don't see are the other set of 4 PA6 tapered spoke 16x8s out of frame. All together I've got 15 wheels, 10 that can readily roll, in my garage. Then there's my spare donut..

Quick Reply: How fargone is too fargone (01-02 WS6 Speedline rescue?)