Advice Needed: Totaled my vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed: Totaled my vette

I have never totaled a car before. I have a meeting with the adjuster tomorrow. My car is modified. I have been getting mixed advice on whether or not they will pay for permanent modifications. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My car is an 07 c6 with 27k miles. Thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Show them reciepts
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get your hands on the car, and part it out. unless the ins co gives you a great deal, then just move on
Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Been there a few times and done that lol, 2 ways to go. First off if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and can get the car to your garage or a friends garage, swap all modded items (except cam) and let them have it. 2nd choice is like Agrv8d suggested buy it back and part it out completely. You'll come out on top that way for sure. Non of my business but food for thought. If its not your fault and you are filing against another party's claim you are golden however if it us your fault or you are filing against your ins co be ready for a hell of a rate increase like no other, 34-41k pay out is gonna suck for the next 5 years and you are gonna pay dearly for it (take it for me) I know. If that's the case and the car is paid for you are much much better just parting it and not filing a claim. Sucks up front but less pain the next 3-5 years. Either way good luck and most of all glad YOU are ok, material stuff comes and goes.

Quick Reply: Advice Needed: Totaled my vette