What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1995 z28 t-top 147k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 z28 t-top 147k miles

New here and if this goes through I'll be asking questions in the future.

A co-worker has a Mystic Teal 1995 Camaro Z28 that has been sitting for two years. Last time it was started was about 8 months ago.

It is an auto z28 with t-tops, cloth seats, and 147k miles. We only have safety inspection in NC for vehicles this old so I'm not worried about emissions. Here is a list of what I think it needs. She's asking $1500. It's been sitting in her driveway.

Exterior is straight. Paint is oxidized on the hood, trunk area in front of the spoiler, and the paint behind the t-tops. It's not bad but not good. I think it's past the point of buff and wax. Windshield has a crack.

Interior- Drivers seat has a tear. Power seat motor to go back to front not working. Drivers side power window not working. The part of the dash closest to the windshield is cracked. No radio. Interior is clean but could still use a good cleaning.

It would need an oil change, battery, full ignition tune up, air filter, trans fluid drained and filled, coolant drained and filled, brake pads and rotors may need to be turned. One of the tires has a small leak. I didn't see any dry rot. Flush the brake fluid. Check the rear to make sure fluid is full in it.

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting. I'm not worried about the paint. I may take my time and tape every thing off and try to paint it myself the stock color.

Is it worth the $1500. I was thinking of offering her $1000 because of what it needs. I'm not trying to make money on this car. Just want to play with it for a year or so and sell it.

Also, if there is anything I'm not thinking of please tell me. Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a money pit, I had a 94z28 with around 152k miles, car had alot of over heating issues .. But fun car.. I would say 800-1000 tell her to consider all the work it needs , that's my opinion .. Glwb

Quick Reply: 1995 z28 t-top 147k miles