Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Exhaust Wideband Placement

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Exhaust Wideband Placement

Where should I be trying to install my oxygen sensor for my AFX Wideband on a stock exhaust system? I will likely change the exhaust down the road, but for now its stock from manifolds to tailpipes. I know that its recomended to install the sensor before the Cats, but there doesnt seem to be any areas to do that on a stock car... Can I just remove a downstream 02s and install it there?...

I want it to be accurate as possible. Is it ok to be reading only one bank?

Thanks for the input...
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Your computer should let you know if there are any big differences between banks, I.E. lean bank 1 or 2, so in my opinion one bank is o.k. although monitoring both is better. As far as after the cat goes I beloved most dyno shops use a clip in at the tail pipe which is always after the cat. This is only an opinion formed by what I have seen which isn't everything.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
Your computer should let you know if there are any big differences between banks, I.E. lean bank 1 or 2, so in my opinion one bank is o.k. although monitoring both is better. As far as after the cat goes I beloved most dyno shops use a clip in at the tail pipe which is always after the cat. This is only an opinion formed by what I have seen which isn't everything.
Thats true I forgot how Dyno shops do it...

Anyone else? Should I hit one bank farther up or catch both banks at the Y?

Ive also read that you can put it in one of the Front O2 spots and wire it to be narrowband for the PCM as well as Wideband for the controller?... Any info or write ups on this?

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust Wideband Placement