General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!! need car running by end of month

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP!! need car running by end of month

Ok, so I broke an axle in a LSx swapped Subaru. While I was working on getting that fixed, I decided it was a good idea to upgrade the fuel rails, and valve covers (bad idea). Well I ended up getting a ls2 rail when really I needed an LS1 rail, I couldn't get them to seat properly and O-rings gave in and fuel was sprayed all over the injector clips and the injector connectors themselves. I put the OEM fuel rail back on, but the valve covers had a different vacuum hose setup, so I capped off the valve cover breather ports temporarily till I ran my own custom vacuum lines. I went to fire her up and only the drivers side bank was firing. Back firing like crazy, pulled injector clips and no difference, it is getting spark.

I changed the spark plugs just to be sure, and same thing...firing on one bank.

So I figured I fried my injector outputs in my ECU when they got wet, specially since there not fused right now. So I got a new PCM, loaded the tune on, installed the PCM AAAnnnnnnnnnd....... same thing

WTF COULDA HAPPENED!?? No way disconnecting the valve cover hose could cause all the cylinders to not fire right?

Could water in the injector connectors have caused the fuel injectors themselves to go bad?? They weren't connected to power..and looked water tight because the fuel stayed puddled in there.

I'm frustrated to all hell. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check you INJ2 fuse in your underhood fusebox.

this fuse controls all the pass side injectors. theres a good chance the fuel could have just shorted a circuit when it sprayed and popped a fuse.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

I did some digging around into the mess of wires from the swap from the previous owner. I traced the pink injector wires from the clips all the way to two Purple wires from the PCM. I am thinking each wire is for INJ1 and INJ2. The wires are then getting routed to the ignition ( i assume for ignition power) and then go to a main fuse block that isn't blown. I loosed the wires that are connected to the ignition switch, and it shut off the other bank of the car and it would not start. Both wires are getting 14v back to the pcm, ive swapped pcm's also.

I thought I was on to something but now back to square one.

All my injectors ohm out to 13.8 to 14 ohms. The fuse inj one and two are good. I'm so confused and frustrated
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Teching In

I am so fed up.

I just re wired the car COMPLETELY just to eliminate any wiring issues. The car is wired using a stand alone harness. After we finished, went to crank her up...SAME ISSUE!!! Running on ONE BANK! I pull the plug off the coil packs on the passenger side, and I am getting a good arc. I have changed plugs 3 times on that side, they are fouling quickly. Fuel injectors are getting there pulse from ECU, and I pulled the rail off and looked at the spray pattern, and they seem okay. I have a set of extra injectors just in case...but nothing really has pointed to being an injector issue. The only thing that really wasn't changed was the coil pack harness.

I even thought maybe fuel puddled up and I hydro locked the engine on that side...and bent a valve or pushrod. I did a static comp. test and got 155psi , I then pulled the pushrods out and they all look good..they are aftermarket units also. I ran some fuel injector cleaner through it...man...I am officially stumped. I also switched fuel injectors from drivers side to pass. side and still same thing....passenger side not firing!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM

Have you checked the fuel delivery quantity on that bank? Try swapping the coil packs and wires from the other bank as well if you haven't tried that already. Seems like you have gone through everything else.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Geeze. Im mindblown. Best of luck to ya

Quick Reply: HELP!! need car running by end of month