Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ECU with wide bands??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock ECU with wide bands??

So I am finishing up my 67 Nova/LS1 conversion. I have a Frost tune, and I have 1, stock O2 sensor and need another one. Will the stock computer accept wide band O2's or do I even need them and will another stock unit work? It's not a real radical engine; stock cubes, ported, stock heads, 228@.050 cam, 3600 Yank etc.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Jay
Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 AM
9 Second Club

You can set up most widebands to give an analog output that can be used for the narrow band input to the PCM. Personally, I would install two stock narrow bands for the PCM to use and install a separate wideband (can be temporary for tuning) - only because I have seen too many issues with modified harnesses. If you do decide to use a wideband in place of a narrow band, make sure all connections are done correctly and weather tight...
Old 09-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Default O2's

Thanks for your input. Since I need to buy one, what would you use? I guessI might as well buy a couple so they match.....
Thanks
Jay
Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
9 Second Club

As far as stock? AC delco always were the longest lasting for me - if you can find them reasonable... Bosch are good too - if you need longer cables to reach your harness, corvette rears have long leads. If not, F-Body or Vette applications will work (front and rear all have the same connectors and function the same).

Quick Reply: Stock ECU with wide bands??