Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS problems

Alright, I changed my tranny to a t-56. recently i went to a tuner to change the programing in my ecm. after a tune and having the guy change the program to a manual tranny, the dyno and all, i noticed the abs inop light and brake light. seems to be fairly common. I also understand that the abs module is ecm specific. However my VIN number didnt change to the best of my knowledge, but since the overall programing changed would my abs module realize that it doesnt belong with that ecm and just stop working?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem and it seems that it is because of my aftermarket tires and wheels being that I have 19in wheels and 18in in front, said it throws off the abs sensors a little. I took out the rear abs sensors from inside the hub (a plug and one bolt in the center of the hub) and cleaned all of the brake metal shavings from the magnetic sensor. This made my light stay off a little longer after clearing the codes.
You could always take it to a tuner and get them to remove the abs codes from the ecm. thats somewhat expensive though. Clean the sensors and wipe out the codes and see if that helps

Quick Reply: ABS problems