General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Custom A/C Lines. FL shop or SS Braided?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Custom A/C Lines. FL shop or SS Braided?

So, I have called numerous shops in the south Florida area. Trying to find a place to custom build a set of suction and discharge lines for my Impala SS. I have been to many shops now. Most lied to me on the phone. After arriving, they would tell me that they cant build "custom" lines. After I specifically asked about custom lines and explained what needed to be done. One gave up after seeing the car and not having a crimping tool. Another on the wrong side of the tracks took 5 hrs to fully rebuild (NEW) lines (I only needed a hose shortened and a crack welded. I bent a new set perfectly, but the hoses were too long) Those lasted about 2 weeks. Again, they cracked at the manifold. We didn't speak the same languages and he couldn't understand when I explained the suction line is still too long. I don't want to go back there. end rant.

Can anyone here recommend a REPUTABLE shop that does QUALITY work. In the Broward area?

Another option that I am looking at is going with Areoquip's Air Conditioning Hose. http://www.jegs.com/p/Aeroquip/Aeroq...53042/10002/-1

The stuff is expensive, but I am fed up with the POS shops around here. It will match the rest of the SS Braided AN lines I have on the car and I hope they will be stronger and more flexable. I plan to have someone tig weld AN bungs to the various vehicle specific hard lines and compressor manifold. Then use the areoquip hose and ends to complete the system.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions. It's fkn hot here in Florida. I need A/C
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I live here in Lauderdale too. I want to have steal braided lines made for my tranny lines. And I want them to put new heater hose lines on my factory heater hose metal line assembly.

A friend told me there's a place near the corner of 441 and Griffin. Maybe 1/4 mile south on the west side of the road....immediately next door to a Dunkin Donuts.

Its a Hydraulic Line repair shop.

****Now....he just told me about it....I have to go see exactly what they can produce. I'll be going my there Monday.

I'll let you know.......

Old 09-14-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Please report back, if you get a chance grab their number for me. Id appreciate it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom A/C Lines. FL shop or SS Braided?