New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help...got money to spend...where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help...got money to spend...where?

Ok now....I figured this would be the best place to find out what I need to know. I recently bought a 2002 Trans Am WS6. I still have roughly $15,000 to spend on it. What should I do? I've asked people around here but they are as clueless as me.... Thanks for any info
Old 04-07-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Well you could give a small donation to me....Even as little as $1,000

With the rest of the money I would take yourself to the Forced Induction section of this forum and ask what to buy. I'm sure with 14K you could easily get yourself an installed SC or turbo setup and do all the other goodies to make it run strong and not break on you.

Or you could go the NA route and go with a nice H/C setup, a big stall converter if your an A4, rebuild the tranny, headers, new rear....**** man you could easily build a reliable 10- low 11 second car with that money and maybe throw some bling on it, like 18" wheel for show purposes
Old 04-07-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good lord that is a TON of money to use for mods, with that you can have anything you want to do to an f-body!!!. I say forged internals with a large turbo along with the proper H/C package to support the 20lbs of boost you will push through it and a 12bolt and maybe a 50 shot to get that turbo to spool up fast
Old 04-07-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
Good lord that is a TON of money to use for mods, with that you can have anything you want to do to an f-body!!!. I say forged internals with a large turbo along with the proper H/C package to support the 20lbs of boost you will push through it and a 12bolt and maybe a 50 shot to get that turbo to spool up fast

Don't forget the consultation fee, he already owes me and you $1,000.

Whenever your ready to send the payment just PM me and i'll give you my address
Old 04-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Default hm...

Well I want to go with a twin turbo system on it but that is big bucks...and I figured I would have to go with a resleeved or c5r block...but that is just my thoughts....i didn't know where to post so I figured here was the best.. oh and about the consultation fee.... I'll send it to you in the form of a check..... lol
Old 04-07-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NewTADriver
Well I want to go with a twin turbo system on it but that is big bucks...and I figured I would have to go with a resleeved or c5r block...but that is just my thoughts....i didn't know where to post so I figured here was the best.. oh and about the consultation fee.... I'll send it to you in the form of a check..... lol
edit*

Last edited by 2002 Trans Am; 02-09-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
You could address it to
Larry Mattessich
225 Columbia Avenue
Cliffside Park NJ 07010
LOL...oops...insufficient funds and I ain't getting into the TA funds....
Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Do you want to go FI or NA? With that kind of money i would say just about anything is possible. I think with that kind of money you could do a forged 346, heads, cam, and incon TT kit (if you can find one). But you wouldn't have much if anything left over for an install/tune. If you want to keep it NA you can do a very nice heads/cam/nitrous set up. Also don't forget the driveline upgrades. If you are an M6 you will need a clutch, and a rear. If you are an A4 you will need a converter, and possibly a read depending on how much power you are making.

Personally if it were me and i had to use it all on my car i would spend most of it on suspension, drivetrain, and full bolt-on's. I know 15K sounds like a lot but you will spend it very quick getting one of these car's set up right.

If the turbo is what you have your heart set on i would look at Quarter Mile Performance, they have a kick *** single turbo kit that is like $7,000 installed. With a good tune your stock bottom end should be able to handle between 7 and 10 PSI. Check out the FI forum, and search for Rob Raymer, check out the performance of QMP's new shop car.....it will make you think twice about what the stock bottom end can handle with the proper tune.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, go to the forced induction section or the internal engine section and post there, you'll get better advice than from the newbies. Go (LARGE) single turbo, small nitrous shot (no more than 100), suspension, rearend and you will have a 10 second car hands down.