How life started?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How life started?

Just curious what everyone believes? Big bang/religion/matrix/aliens??

Curious what some of y'all think? Did you start off in religion and break away to follow something else? Were you raised non religious and now practice religion?

I find it interesting I run into more people claiming to be religious just to fit in then think freely, which I have no problem with religious people, think what you want.

So let's hear it, how did it all start?? Or at least how you think it all started..

Thread is not intended to start a religious bash, just voice your opinion and move along please
Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Just curious what everyone believes? Big bang/religion/matrix/aliens??

Curious what some of y'all think? Did you start off in religion and break away to follow something else? Were you raised non religious and now practice religion?

I find it interesting I run into more people claiming to be religious just to fit in then think freely, which I have no problem with religious people, think what you want.

So let's hear it, how did it all start?? Or at least how you think it all started..

Thread is not intended to start a religious bash, just voice your opinion and move along please
Haha, hope this doesn't offend anyone but I thought this Family Guy episode was hilarious.

I personally think the creation of the universe was due to the 'big bang.' In other words: It was all due to naturally explainable phenomenon, and not a supernatural intelligence. It seems the elegant explanation to me, and so far empirical research has backed scientific hypothesis up, where as it is at odds with religious theories of creation.

Some say "But how can the universe be created out of nothing?" To which I answer: 'But how is your god created out of nothing'. And if your god is indeed eternal, then why too can't the universe be eternal?

As far as definitive answers go however, like Socrates said: "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing."

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 09-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Launching!

no one knows how life started. our best theory is just that, a theory. all that we can do is use science to observe the natural world around us and how it is evolving and changing and from that make our best conclusion.
However, there is quite the overwhelming amount of information that can be accessed by ANYONE (thanks science) to point to the big bang/evolution. which i agree with because i like my ideals based on things i can prove (imagine that huh?!).

i grew up in a baptist environment, was pretty heavily involved in a contemporary church thru college, worked at a church up till 2 years ago but now i'm an atheist. I look back and its sad to how sheltered my mind was before now, such a narrow view and the church just wants to feed you what they think, they dont want you to figure stuff out on your own because then you will look elsewhere for info and they will loose thithers.

this website has been pinnacle to opening my mind and understand the natural world around me:
http://www.atheist-experience.com/
http://www.atheist-experience.com/archive/
Old 09-15-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

This is an endless conversation ive thought of it a few times only to rack my head with questions following other questions.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Before everything existed, nothing existed. And how can something "everything" come from nothing? What banged in the big bang?

I'm sure this will be solved here..
Old 09-15-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't going to end well.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
This isn't going to end well.

You got that right.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

close it down... wasted a minute of my life on this
Old 09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thread was not intended to solve anything, just hear views on personal beliefs..

I believe in nothing right now, I'm just here, not sure how we all got here.. I try to be the best person I can. And maybe if we're all lucky we will have some answers before we go 6ft down.

Keep the answers coming!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I've thought about this years ago. Part of me thinks this is all just a super long detailed dream. When we die, we will have woken up in our other life.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I've thought about this years ago. Part of me thinks this is all just a super long detailed dream. When we die, we will have woken up in our other life.
I recommend that everyone that joined LS1Tech after 2010 give this theory a try and let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

To anyone here, is it really a wonder that man, with his bloated ego and selfishness, disproportionate to his overall importance in relation to time and space, would invent a Creator in his own image to assure and justify that the vastness of the universe was created solely for him?

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
I recommend that everyone that joined LS1Tech after 2010 give this theory a try and let us know how it turns out.
LMFAO
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

IBTL also, the further into cosmology you get the less "clear" our notion of the beginning of the universe is. Ask Stephen Hawking how many times he has vacillated on the issue of an outside creator vs. an endless causal chain of gravitational force.

It's pretty safe to say that no one in here is quite a Stephen Hawking so I would call the matter open. Though atheists sure do seem to have these matters of complex physics down pretty well
Old 09-15-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

personally, i believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit just as it is written....i believe Jesus was exactly who he said he was.......but i will be the first to admit that i am not smart enough in my own faith to be able to convince you of yours......no one knows if the other theories are true, but i believe that they are a testament to the wonder of the human spirit.....if you are not asking questions, you're not thinking......it's good to wonder......almost every group of people throughout known history has, at one time or another, believed in some sort of an afterlife......but it's really all gut feeling and faith.....it's amazing how tiny we are in the universe, yet how complex our physical makeup is.....scientists could build a body with tissue, nerves, muscles, and even a brain.....but they cannot give it conscious life.....i can't help but think that there has to be something amazing out there somewhere.....just my opinion

here is a link to a brilliant woman if anyone feels like doing a little reading....what have you got to lose?......read to the bottom of each page, then there will be a link to the next page....she seems to boil things down very simply, and from an unbiased perspective....at the very least, it's an interesting bit of food for thought.

http://www.susancanthony.com/AboutSusan/longerbio.html
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jc98ss
personally, i believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit just as it is written....i believe Jesus was exactly who he said he was.......but i will be the first to admit that i am not smart enough in my own faith to be able to convince you of yours......no one knows if the other theories are true, but i believe that they are a testament to the wonder of the human spirit.....if you are not asking questions, you're not thinking......it's good to wonder......almost every group of people throughout known history has, at one time or another, believed in some sort of an afterlife......but it's really all gut feeling and faith.....it's amazing how tiny we are in the universe, yet how complex our physical makeup is.....scientists could build a body with tissue, nerves, muscles, and even a brain.....but they cannot give it conscious life.....i can't help but think that there has to be something amazing out there somewhere.....just my opinion

here is a link to a brilliant woman if anyone feels like doing a little reading....what have you got to lose?......read to the bottom of each page, then there will be a link to the next page....she seems to boil things down very simply, and from an unbiased perspective....at the very least, it's an interesting bit of food for thought.

You are wrong we can clone now but it is illegal. Why, well you tell me?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Launching!

scanning thru your link i had to shake my head pretty much nonstop. most of the stuff written by here could be explained by freshman biology student.
besides the point though...
i wanted to ask a simple question to you... out of all the years of history, there have been THOUSANDS of gods. think about that, THOUSANDS. what made you decide to put all your faith in the first one some one told you about without investigating all the others?
and also what do you think about other religions that say they know without a doubt that THEIR god is the only one and the rest are false gods. is it your word against theirs?
they all cant be right correct? but they all could be wrong.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
scanning thru your link i had to shake my head pretty much nonstop. most of the stuff written by here could be explained by freshman biology student.
besides the point though...
i wanted to ask a simple question to you... out of all the years of history, there have been THOUSANDS of gods. think about that, THOUSANDS. what made you decide to put all your faith in the first one some one told you about without investigating all the others?
and also what do you think about other religions that say they know without a doubt that THEIR god is the only one and the rest are false gods. is it your word against theirs?
they all cant be right correct? but they all could be wrong.
shaking your head?.....if you are set in your ways, then you have stopped thinking.....maybe you should read through it again, or do you know the answer to all questions?.....maybe you could consider the possibility that you could be wrong....who said it was the first one i was told about?.....who said that i turned out to follow the same religion that i was raised with?.....i never said i was in fact right......i simply stated what i believe.....i cannot speak for other people and what they have or haven't felt......and i can't explain to you why i believe the way i do......i can't explain it in a way that would make you understand.....faith is different for everyone, it seems to apply itself differently in everyone's lives.....i'm not going to break out the book and preach, simply because i'm not smart enough with what it says to convince someone who's already made their mind up......you have every right to do so, it's called free will........and i am entitled to lean on faith

Last edited by jc98ss; 09-15-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
You are wrong we can clone now but it is illegal. Why, well you tell me?
i am not wrong.....cloning is a different concept that uses already living material.....you are wrong, because i was clearly talking about the fact that scientists could "put together" or "build" a artificial body, but not give non-living material life

Last edited by jc98ss; 09-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

I've pondered that myself. How did Adam and eve know what to do to survive? If we evolved from monkeys then where did the monkeys come from? Fascinating really.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Launching!

shaking your head?.....if you are set in your ways, then you have stopped thinking.....maybe you should read through it again, or do you know the answer to all questions?.....
no reason to get defensive. was trying to understand your background a bit.
what kind of other religions have you done studies in out of curiosity?
i'm definitely not 'set in my ways'. i just logic and reason to determine if something is believable or not.
some of the issues i have with believing your book:
people living hundreds of years
people surviving inside of whales for days
dead people being raised and walking around to greet their family (zombies?)
the guy in charge has a bear come down from a mountain and kills a group of kids that are making fun of another kid

keep in mind thats all bundled in the same book as the 'be nice to your neighbor' parts.

a very odd book indeed. so odd that its funny how 90% of it doesnt get taught in church. they love to quote corinthians, acts, ect. wonder how many people would stay in the church if they went from the front to the back of the book. theres a reason you dont see it done very often. they lube people up with all the feel good generic stuff, so when you dig deeper you dont question all the off the wall bronze age goat herder written stuff.

Quick Reply: How life started?