General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0430 & P0332 help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0430 & P0332 help!

Inspections due this month. Iv got these two codes to deal with. Knock sensor & Catylist system.
Been reading a lot of info on these codes here. Trying to dia and figure out what to do. The cats are from 2010. Hard to believe one is bad. Catback system with catco. Ive had a lot of camaros. This problem always pisses me off the most. I usually just get an inspection from an awesome place and just ignore codes. Im tired of that. I just want to pull in and get my **** inspected and move on. New cats? New Pre O2 sensor? What should I do?
Car sounds like its got an intermittened sputter when slowing down only and or stopped at a light. RPMs dont move up or down when sputtering is present. Still getting 320 miles or so to the tank on the HWY. Where should I blow my money first? ****! Thanks if you can point me in the right direction
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0430 means that the front and rear 02 sensors (on the same bank) are doing the same thing (basically a catalytic converter is bad). What kinda cats did you use? I VERY rarely (if ever) see 02 sensors causing a P0420/430 - mainly because they NEED to work to test the cats in the first place. The for the P0332 I'd get a knock sensor, pigtail connector, and a set of intake gaskets/o-rings.

SOME cars have ECM reflashes that enhance certain DTC diagnostics (although I dont believe F bodies had an issue...)
Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Went ahead and bit the bullet today. New Highflow cats. The old ones were catco. Working on the knock sensors as we speak. 575$ for parts and labor. 100$ for 2 knock sensors and a harness. Plenty of info here to figure out what to do. SO I do need sew intake gaskets? Mo money
Old 09-22-2012, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

You might as well get new intake gaskets unless yours now have low miles on them. Did you get gm sensors/harness? Only reason I ask is because I had a p0332 and replaced the sensor with a shitty one and the code didn't go away and I had to do it twice.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mjs1012
You might as well get new intake gaskets unless yours now have low miles on them. Did you get gm sensors/harness? Only reason I ask is because I had a p0332 and replaced the sensor with a shitty one and the code didn't go away and I had to do it twice.
purchased them off ebay. Two Knock Sensors with Harness Wells SU1282 Dorman 917-033. Right at 95.00 bucks. The sensors are made by a company that makes GM replacement parts for GM. The ad says their AC Delco. Installed them and the light was gone. New cats and the code was gone. I got lucky this time!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

After replacing both knock sensors and harness, today another code pops up. PO327 along with a PO122. Its been two weeks with no problems or codes. I kinda dogged on it at the stop light today. Maybe that made it come on? Its still makes you wonder why it came on after following exact instructions how to change the NS.
Then it was idling like poop at 5mph. Just up and down up and down, without giving it gas. Finally went away a mile down the street. Not sure if taking the intake off has effected the TPS. This **** will literally run you in circles. madness. Help accepted
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

I know you got the P0430 code taken care of already, but for any of you guys who have inspections and either P0420 or P0430 codes on and need to pass inspection, heres how you keep the light off for the check:

On your way to the facility never let the car sit idle for more than 30sec - blip the throttle just enough to raise the rpm a few hundred rpm.

For the code to be triggered, the car must be running for a min of 10 min, must be at operating temp, and the car must be sub 1000 rpm +/- a certain range (maybe 100rpm?) for a min of 2 min. If you blip the throttle at stop lights, itll reset the diagnostic run. In theory, you could keep the light off forever with NO cats if you drove all short distances, only highway, or never stopped for more than a min. Good luck.

Quick Reply: P0430 & P0332 help!