General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

High RPM miss, LS1, UD pulley related?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High RPM miss, LS1, UD pulley related?

My car has developed a high rpm miss between 5000-6000. Whats odd is that is only started after I added a powerbond 25% pulley. The pulley was put on with a home made tool and puller. Not impacted on using the crank bolt. There have been no issues with belts, squeaks or anything else. I did a search and found that other people have had a miss caused by an UD pulley. Whats even more weird is that it only seems to do it in 3rd gear. 2nd it does it a smaller amount than in 3rd, in 1st it doesnt do it at all. I have checked plugs and wires also. They are in good shape, I have MSD wires, stock coils, and fresh plugs as of last summer. Is it worth the effort to swap the stock balancer back on to see if thats what it is before doing anything else? Need help/suggestions.. thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

bump please
Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Today I tested all 8 with a spark tester and got the same consistent spark from one cylider to the next. I am inclined to believe that it is not the coils/wires. My plugs are one year old TR55s. I doubt those are the problem either.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe check the impedance on all the plugs, if you have one thats a 1000+ ohms off, then theres your culprit..

Quick Reply: High RPM miss, LS1, UD pulley related?