Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

First time LS owner in South Carolina.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time LS owner in South Carolina.

After several years of looking and thinking, I jumped straight into the deep end and picked up a Black 2001 Z06 with 115K on it. Body and motor in excellent shape, a few trim fixes needed but otherwise a great deal.

As far as I can tell, it's bone stock, except for a Vortex Ram Air CAI kit and a small rear spoiler.

When I got it, I thought I would be satisfied for a while with it, but it's less than three days later, and I'm already to get started on mods

First going to be looking at some headers/muffler options, and go from there!

Great to be here!!

Last edited by Blk_'01_Z06; 09-17-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk_'01_Z06
After several years of looking and thinking, I jumped straight into the deep end and picked up a Black 2001 Z06 with 115K on it. Body and motor in excellent shape, a few trim fixes needed but otherwise a great deal.

As far as I can tell, it's bone stock, except for a Vortex Ram Air CAI kit and a small rear spoiler.

When I got it, I thought I would be satisfied for a while with it, but it's less than three days later, and I'm already to get started on mods

First going to be looking at some headers/muffler options, and go from there!

Great to be here!!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome! I love my 01Z. I'm running borla stingers and TX Speed LT headers and mine sounds awesome.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Those are the headers I was looking at, and I hadn't really gotten far about the mufflers. As far as the TX Speed LT headers go, how bad is the discoloration?

And are the borla stingers overly loud? I'm not trying to go stealth or anything, but I would like to keep it below open pipe Harley level as well.

Any idea how much power was added with the two of them?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk_'01_Z06
Those are the headers I was looking at, and I hadn't really gotten far about the mufflers. As far as the TX Speed LT headers go, how bad is the discoloration?

And are the borla stingers overly loud? I'm not trying to go stealth or anything, but I would like to keep it below open pipe Harley level as well.

Any idea how much power was added with the two of them?
They aren't as bad as my old Fbody was with headers and magnaflow. Here is a vid. And I added about 40 RWHP with those and the vararam intake/tune/UDP. The discoloration I cant even see while they are on the car honestly.

You can hear when my car passes how loud it is. However I have no cats you could always keep the cats if you want it quieter.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any stainless header is going to change color, nothing you can really do about that.

I like duals over y-pipes. If you get a catless Y pipe it will have a bit of rasp to it. Everyone has their personal preference.
Check out the sticky at the top of the page there is a website link up there to a site called LS1sounds that and youtube will
help you hear a bunch of different combinations.

Get on a website that sells alot of different exhaust systems like ws6store, speedinc, speed engineering, Colorado speed, ect ect.
Use that to get the names of ones you want to hear. Then have fun listening to the beauty of the LS1.

Headers, catback, lid, and a front style ram air like the Chris1313, Fast toys ram air, or super sucker ram air, coupled with a tune.
You can get a good bolt-on tune through the mail from Frost for a reasonable price if you don't want to actually set it on a dyno.

This will give you a nice boost in performance. You can add a under drive crank pulley too if you wish. Add in a clutch/tick master cylinder or stall
if your an automatic and a few suspension mods and you will have a nice car that makes good power and is fun to drive.

This is my car with TSP 1 7/8 headers and TSP true duals with bullets, no cats with TFS heads and Vindicator cam:

Last edited by My6speedZ; 09-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Any stainless header is going to change color, nothing you can really do about that.

I like duals over y-pipes. If you get a catless Y pipe it will have a bit of rasp to it. Everyone has their personal preference.
Check out the sticky at the top of the page there is a website link up there to a site called LS1sounds that and youtube will
help you hear a bunch of different combinations.

Get on a website that sells alot of different exhaust systems like ws6store, speedinc, speed engineering, Colorado speed, ect ect.
Use that to get the names of ones you want to hear. Then have fun listening to the beauty of the LS1.

Headers, catback, lid, and a front style ram air like the Chris1313, Fast toys ram air, or super sucker ram air, coupled with a tune.
You can get a good bolt-on tune through the mail from Frost for a reasonable price if you don't want to actually set it on a dyno.

This will give you a nice boost in performance. You can add a under drive crank pulley too if you wish. Add in a clutch/tick master cylinder or stall
if your an automatic and a few suspension mods and you will have a nice car that makes good power and is fun to drive.

This is my car with TSP 1 7/8 headers and TSP true duals with bullets, no cats with TFS heads and Vindicator cam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHC6StKsdcM
OP has a Z06 not an Fbomb. Z06's have dual stock with an Hpipe and are all manual. He is asking which type of headers and CB exhaust to go on his Z
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeeze I don't know how the hell I miss that he had a ******* Vette what the hell

I personally like the looks of the XS power headers and cat-back that Huron speed sells. It looks like it is nice quality and has a decent price tag to go with it.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Jeeze I don't know how the hell I miss that he had a ******* Vette what the hell

I personally like the looks of the XS power headers and cat-back that Huron speed sells. It looks like it is nice quality and has a decent price tag to go with it.
Happens to the best of us LOL. I didnt mean "fbomb" as an insult either lol I own one as a DD. Stupid autocorrect...

OP check vetteforum classifieds and on here, I got my whole exhaust setup used for under 800$. No damage, just a little used. New youre gonna be paying out the ******* for vette parts

Quick Reply: First time LS owner in South Carolina.