What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Trans am value for future trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 98 Trans am value for future trade

45k on the clock as of now a4 with just full exhaust and tune paint is black and in excellent shape might be looking into the C5 scene........ have had offers up to $13k just curious what everyone else thought thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the 13k !!! IMO I think it's worth 10-11k at best .. It has mods , it's a A4, and it's a 98 .. So. The value is not great.. Take that 13k and don't look back
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Take the 13k !!! IMO I think it's worth 10-11k at best .. It has mods , it's a A4, and it's a 98 .. So. The value is not great.. Take that 13k and don't look back
I certainly agree. $13,000 would be unreal and it probably is.
This happens all the time; "I'll give you $xx,xxx for you car when you want to sell." Do you know how many times I have been told this at car shows and even in mall parking lots?? These BS people never have the cash or the ability to pay what they offer. They are just being kind and actually giving you and the car a compliment, but talk is cheap.
Your car might sell for $10,000 tops, and that is really optimistic. The nice low mileage is the big selling point so it is possible. Anything over that would be excellent but flying in the face of all price guides that exist. Someone would have to totally ignore them and pay you way over 'book value'. Why would anyone do that unless the car was in outstanding condition, bone stock, garage kept, and a one-owner.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I certainly agree. $13,000 would be unreal and it probably is.
This happens all the time; "I'll give you $xx,xxx for you car when you want to sell." Do you know how many times I have been told this at car shows and even in mall parking lots?? These BS people never have the cash or the ability to pay what they offer. They are just being kind and actually giving you and the car a compliment, but talk is cheap.
Your car might sell for $10,000 tops, and that is really optimistic. The nice low mileage is the big selling point so it is possible. Anything over that would be excellent but flying in the face of all price guides that exist. Someone would have to totally ignore them and pay you way over 'book value'. Why would anyone do that unless the car was in outstanding condition, bone stock, garage kept, and a one-owner.
Very very true thanks for the input guys!

Quick Reply: 98 Trans am value for future trade