Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question......

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question......

I will be installing and tuning my cam and some others tomorow so i want to know what kind of power i should make
Comp Cams LS1 Camshaft - 216 / 220 .525 / .532 114 LSA, Hooker LTs, LS6 manifold, fidanza flywheel, lid, filter, slp maf, smooth bellow, Ls1 Edit, And the other stuff i may not have mentioned in my sig,

I will be on a mustang dyno and i am very curious as to what my car will put down, thanks, please help me so i know when i got it tuned good, and if anyone has an edit file or example that would be awesome
Old 03-05-2003, 11:17 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question......

Every dyno is different, and it'll be totally useless for us to guess what horsepower you will make.

You'll know when you have a good tune when your A/F ratio is dialed in nicely, and you advance timing up as much as you can without detonation (maybe 28-30 degrees by redline?). After that, there isnt much you can do for peak power other than move the A/F ratio around a bit and see what the sweet spot is (talking a few hp difference).

Go dyno, dial it in, and share the results. Be sure to autotap log every run and keep track of which log matches what .ls1 file and dyno run.