Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads cam and exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking heads cam and exhaust setup

i need some help guys i have a 2002 camaro z28 m6 and cant decide on what head and cam to use and what full exhaust to use. i want to be around the 440 rwhp range and 400+ ftlbs. i already have slp intake and lid with smooth bellows and 85mm maf and slp loudmouth exhaust with upgraded rear with 4:10s in it. i dnt want to have to do any bottom end work to my car so no fly cutting and i want the cam to kick in on the lower rpm range like 1500-1800rpms. im also going to get a fast throttle body and manifold setup or send my manifold and throttle to lingenfelter to get ported. and as far as exhuast i want a x pipe setup to i think a true dual with long tube headers. any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Go with ls3 heads and ls3 intake and a selected came from lever noise u will
Get to that whp range.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LS3 heads won't fit on his motor, they require a 4" bore or larger to work right.

I would recommend you take a look at our PRC 215 heads/cam package paired up with a 228R camshaft. If you do everything you are talking about there will be a decent chance you can make the power you are looking for. More then anything this package will have a broad power band, it seemed like that was most important in the setup. Longtube headers need to be on the setup, true duals will probably make the best power.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to think about getting a quiet exhaust with an e cut out. My loudmouth got crazy loud after the cam swap.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
LS3 heads won't fit on his motor, they require a 4" bore or larger to work right.

I would recommend you take a look at our PRC 215 heads/cam package paired up with a 228R camshaft. If you do everything you are talking about there will be a decent chance you can make the power you are looking for. More then anything this package will have a broad power band, it seemed like that was most important in the setup. Longtube headers need to be on the setup, true duals will probably make the best power.

what lsa would you recommend with the 228r cam?

Quick Reply: heads cam and exhaust setup