Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help

hi guys trust me i have looked every where to see if i could narrow down what is causing the issue im having. if i missed a thread plz post. i have a 01 z28 that every now and then when i start it the voltage geos close to the red and the lights dim just a little. the alternator is new and i have had the entire charging system checked. including at the battery post with a multimeter everything is normal there still dont know what the issue is. also if the head lights are not on the voltage will slowly drop to 12 and hang the and eventually to 10 or 11 volts.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Is there anything on the charging system/battery that could cause a drain such as an alarm system, stereo system, etc? Also have you checked the diodes on the alternator and output when cold and hot?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigMac76
Is there anything on the charging system/battery that could cause a drain such as an alarm system, stereo system, etc? Also have you checked the diodes on the alternator and output when cold and hot?
nothing is attached to the battery sound wise it still has the mosoon system with aftermarket subs, speakers and deck as well that are compatible with the factory amp. alarm is factory and the vats is bypassed just by the ignition switch by the previous owner. i have checked the diodes and all are ok the connections everything seem to be ok i think ill change the positive cables to see if anything changes.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Teching In

start by changing your battery wires, had this same problems with my lights dimming and sometimes being and brighter than normal. Ended up either being the wires or a faulty ground wire not being tightened down.

Quick Reply: Need Some Help