Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could somebody take a measurement for me? Crankshft bolt height on a foxbody w/LSx

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default could somebody take a measurement for me? Crankshft bolt height on a foxbody w/LSx

working on my install...
doing a motor plate and mid plate... so no motor mounts to predetermine an engine install position.

Just need to know what height from the ground in inches your crank bolt sits at.
trying to figure out if I'm still sitting too high or if I am sitting in good shape...
set the motor as low as I could get it with the Stock Fbody pan and still feel comfortable with it in a car that will see plenty of street time.

obviously tire size will play a little bit in this, so please tell me what size front tire you have as well.

thanks

Last edited by soundengineer; 09-23-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took a look my crank is about 13.5 inches off the ground. The nose cone is 7 inches off the ground. Front tires are 235/45/17's but I have coil overs so I would go with the ground clearance measurement. Hope this helps if you need anything else let me know, your tech on the Holley has helped me many, many times.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by chiaj144
I just took a look my crank is about 13.5 inches off the ground. The nose cone is 7 inches off the ground. Front tires are 235/45/17's but I have coil overs so I would go with the ground clearance measurement. Hope this helps if you need anything else let me know, your tech on the Holley has helped me many, many times.

hmmm.. makes me think I need to change oil pans and drop it further...

got a picture?

which K-member are you using

can you tell me in relation to the frame rails..how much lower does your crank sit?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heater hose outlets are 1" above the factory sway bar mounts. All the details are in my build thread.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the AJE k member. I have too much stuff in the way to get an accurate measurement off the frame rails. If I lay a straight edge on the inside of the shock towers my ls1 intake just touches the straight edge. My heater hoses are even with the lip on the frame rail.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by chiaj144
I'm running the AJE k member. I have too much stuff in the way to get an accurate measurement off the frame rails. If I lay a straight edge on the inside of the shock towers my ls1 intake just touches the straight edge. My heater hoses are even with the lip on the frame rail.
the reference of the heater hoses works well for me...

mine seem to be about where the lip would have been if I didnt grind it off for the motor plate...

Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 PM
8 Second Club

How about a measurement from a straight edge across the frame rail down to the center of the bolt..

If you can't see it, just do measurement to top of Balancer and then to bottom of Balancer add them together and divide it in half
Old 09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Im sorry to jack your thread but im in the process of doing the same thing and my problem im seeing is how can i align my crank pulley to line up with everything after its sitting on the front pf my 1/4" motor plate, i see you have an ati balancer which i was looking to purchase but how does yours work that there is a pulley behind it?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Atomic08
Im sorry to jack your thread but im in the process of doing the same thing and my problem im seeing is how can i align my crank pulley to line up with everything after its sitting on the front pf my 1/4" motor plate, i see you have an ati balancer which i was looking to purchase but how does yours work that there is a pulley behind it?
not sure exactly what you are asking...but I think you are trying to ask about how my vacuum pump belt sits in relation?

the plate bolts to the block at the water pump bolts
the plate is cut to go around the front cover... so the pulley/balancer assembly has nothing to do with it... the balancer and vacuum pump are below the Motor plate, so nothing interferes

are you asking about my ATI balancer driving my Vacuum pump on the passenger side?
its a standard ATI part.. Mandrel/balancer assembly made to use with the moroso vacuum pump.
ATI-918852 (also comes with the bolt needed that is another 1.25" longer)
vacuum pump bracket, motor plate, belt tensioner and Alternator pulley were all Made by Bob Ette over at AEICNC.com (well.... motor plate was actually cut locally but designed by bob...)
Old 02-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

@Soundengineer
I have some questions about your motor plate and accessories.
Could i PM you?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

I hope he's still around after 6 years gone...
Old 02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=G Atsma;19827454]I hope he's still around after 6 years gone...[/QUOT
Yea I doubt he is
Worth a shot I guess

Any info on running a motor plate and keeping the stock accessorizes
would be great

Quick Reply: could somebody take a measurement for me? Crankshft bolt height on a foxbody w/LSx