Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e stall lockup slipping please

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 PM
AJR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e stall lockup slipping please

Have a 2007 silverado with a 4l80e swap, installed a 3000 stall from EDGE, locks up with very little throttle, going up a bridge or giving it more gas starts slipping.
I dont think is the stall, been hearing good things about EDGE converters, its like its not getting enough pressure for lockup.
Been reading about this issue and its usually the converter but thats with stock torque converters, also the AFL valve can be an issue when it gets wore out.

Would changing valve body fix this issue? Any body from houston know a shop that can repair the AFL valve bore?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

sounds normal, the lock up clutch is designed to slip and allow the vehicle to accelerate. The majority of lockup clutches aren't detectable unless you know what your looking for. People usually think it's shifting into another gear.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM
AJR

Originally Posted by mike13
sounds normal, the lock up clutch is designed to slip and allow the vehicle to accelerate. The majority of lockup clutches aren't detectable unless you know what your looking for. People usually think it's shifting into another gear.
I thought the lockup clutch was not design to slip, and if I let it slip it unlocks and wont lock up again until I turn off and turn on the truck, throws the code for component slipping
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It unlocks and the converter starts slipping. Are you sure its locked and slipping? It might be unlocking based on the description you gave.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
AJR

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
It unlocks and the converter starts slipping. Are you sure its locked and slipping? It might be unlocking based on the description you gave.
logged it with hp tuners and it stays locked but slips, also when the transmission is warm it slips more
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

It sounds like not enough oil pressure.
I would look for possible dirt in oilpan and filter. If that is clean, it might be a bad lockup solenoid.
At least that could be on at 4L60. I am not quite sure if it is the same solenoid on a 4L80E.

Any expert on here know this?

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: 4l80e stall lockup slipping please