Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

no low end power 97 z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow no low end power 97 z28

I have a 97 z28 6-spd, K&N CAI, Magnaflow catback. I've had the car for about 2 months now and it seems like its not operating to its full potential. I turn off the ASR, and i put it to the floor and it acts like it has traction control, like it doesnt want to spin the tires hardly at all, not even a chirp. I have 2 codes: P0400 and P0441. This problem only happens sometimes, I had the SES light cleared at advance auto parts, then i took the car out later that night and it seemed to be running great, i could smoke em all day. But then the next day, same problem. no low end power. it also feels like it chugs at like 30 mph sometimes but only for a split second. What could cause this problem? I'm just looking to fix the no low end power situation. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Those are your EGR & EVAP codes.. EGR could be dealing with either a bad solenoid, possibly a plugged/clogged passage way. Bad vacuum lines? Bad Vavle or wiring harness. Now for your EVAP? could even be your Gas cap as crazy as that sounds. haha. Not to sure what could be be done with that, never faced any EVAP problems myself. Possibly a Evap line? PCM purge gone faulty, not to sure whats included in that circuit though, sorry. Your best bet i'd have to say is to do some common and basic research on it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Google and Youtube are my best friends when dealing with problems with my '96 Z. The LT1s are getting old now so a lot of people have had the same problems. A little research can save a lot of banging your head against the wall.

Quick Reply: no low end power 97 z28