Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! wont start.

While at the track, my 98 z28 died. It will turn over, but won't start. I pulled the #1 plug, it was dry and chalky. Fuel will spray out of the front of the fuel rail, but doesnt seem to be getting to the plugs. Is it possible ive got clogged injectors? Also when I pulled the plug I checked to see if I was getting fire. No spark coming from the plug when I checked it. Could my coil pack be burnt out? Also no codes showing up on obd II scanner. thanks for any help.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe try the correct forum?? Tuning/diagnostics comes to mind.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Maybe try the correct forum?? Tuning/diagnostics comes to mind.
It does seem that people think "Internal Engine" means "everything under the hood" doesn't it?

OP: check fuses IGN-1 and IGN-2. Tachometer needle moving while the engine is cranking? Post results in Tuning/Diagnostics as posted above, you'll get better results.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. From the post I read in "PCM Diagnostics/tuning" were all about tuning. I thought this was the correct place. Sorry. Although I did get it started, by hitting my wet nitrous fogger system, with no nitrous hooked up. So in other words I primed it to get it started. Maybe I need to post it in the fueling forum. Again thanks and sorry.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Engine Help

Couple of basic things to check. If you have a FI noid test light check the lead on one of the injectors and see if it is pulsing. Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key on? You might try disconnection the crank sensor and retrying. The try the cam sensor.

Guessing one of the critical sensors is bad and therefore not sending a signal to fire the coils or pulse injectors. Sometimes unplugging the faulty sensor will allow the car to start and run in open loop.

Quick Reply: Help!!! wont start.