Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt1 to 5.3l, to ??? What would you do.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 to 5.3l, to ??? What would you do.

I swapped a 5.3l into my 95 z28 and spun a bearing a couple weeks ago. So im not doing the used motor thing anymore. This thread is just to get opinions on what would you do? I only need a shortblock and my 862 heads have ls1 intake valves and a little work to them. The car has a t56 and a 10 bolt with a 4.10 gear. The cars purpose is mainly a street car that i frequently autocross, would like to run 11s n/a, and might see a 150 shot a time or two next year.

Im pretty dead set on buying a shortblock from thompson motorsports. For around the same price I can get either a aluminum 5.7 with forged pistons or a iron 370ci with forged pistons. I know the 370 will have more torque period, and make about 25 more rwhp but is about 80lbs heavier. Would the weight counter act the extra horsepower? Im more set on running 11s than being the quickest in autocross as my car did fine with the iron 5.3l. This threads probably pointless but i just wanted to see what the majority would say lol. I have comp 26918 valve springs so ill probably buy the tsp 233/239 .595/.605 111 lsa again. But im considering going with the trex cam, but im pretty sure ill need to buy dual valve springs correct? Thanks for anyones opinion.

Quick Reply: Lt1 to 5.3l, to ??? What would you do.