Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help me plan my fuel setup upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me plan my fuel setup upgrades

Hey guys, I'm currently running a twin turbo setup on my stock LS1 and making 606hp 639lbft of torque. It took a few tries to get the setup to pass emissions earlier this year so I figured switching to full E85 would not only help pass emissions easier but would be the direction I'd be taking anyways in the long run with making more power once my setup progresses.

Currently my fuel setup consist of a Walbro 255lph pump and 60lb injectors. I've aquired the mindset that I'd like to minimize the rebuying of parts so if at all possible I'd like to buy parts that my setup can grow into. I'm needing to know what all I'd need to get to support my current power levels on E85 (or slightly more since i could run more timing safely on E85) as far as Pump/s, Injectors, Lines, etc and still be usable for an ultimate goal of 1000hp/1000lbft of torque.

The TA isnt a daily driver by any means but I would like to have a setup that could be daily driven if absolutely necessary as I do like to take the car on long cruises (I have read how some pumps have a limited run time due to overheating the fuel - something I dont want to have to worry about).

I've been intrigued by the Magnafuel 4303 pump as it looks like it might be able to get me to my ultimate power goal for the car on E85 (correct me if I'm wrong). Would a pump like this be suitable for the time being at 600-700 hp on E85? Furthermore would I be running the pump as a standalone or in conjunction to the Walbro 255 i have now (or any other pump i should be looking at to run in conjunction).

Any recommendation on fuel injectors? Again keeping in mind a current 600-700hp level with an end goal of over 1000hp/1000tq. Please let me know if I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and buy a set for my current power levels and then another set once i get closer to my goals. (I havent read into my current injectors too much but I'm guessing 60 lb injectors wont be enough injector at my current level on E85).

Hope to hear some good feedback so I know what I should be budgeting for. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Help me plan my fuel setup upgrades