Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 z intake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 z intake?

Just bought a 2000 z28 a4 85000 miles got a good deal on it because axle bearings are bad so that's the first thing next I wanna do pacesetter headers and exhaust and of course a new lid car has an ss hood but it's not cut out so thinking of running an ssra set up egr and air delete then intake but not sure where to go on that ls6 fast 92 or 102 def Gunna keep stock bottom end but thinking of h/c or forced induction in the future
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

After you get the rear end straightened out, the first thing you should do, if it hasn't already been done, is add a stall. Other than a power adder, nothing will wake up and transform the personality of that car more than a good converter. Tremendous bang for the buck. And you're going to want a stall, anyway, if you cam it.
My feeling is, if you want to upgrade the intake, and your car doesn't already have the LS6 manifold, don't buy one. Go straight to the FAST. The LS6 manifold is an upgrade over the LS1 intake, but, if you have to spend the money anyway, the FAST will give you more room to grow in the future.
When you do the headers, don't go with the 1 3/4". Get the 1 7/8".....for the same reason as getting the FAST intake.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Might be able to put the cinverter in when i do the headers but What size stall should I go with I was looking at a 3000 rpm but noticed a lot of the cams recommend a 3600 stall
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will definitely want the camshaft and converter to match each other to work together properly. I would say the most popular size we see for these cars (even for street applications) is a 3600 converter.

Your choice will all be based upon what kind of street-ability you are looking for, and unfortunately this really boils down to personal preference. I would recommend driving someones car that has a converter before purchasing. This should get you a better idea of what you are looking for, and then later get a camshaft to match the converter and your goals.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Unfortunately I don't even know anyone else that has an ls1 car let alone one with a stall in it lol but guess I'd better do some research and figure out what cam I want to eventually run so I don't end up buying two converters thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem, and if you have any other questions feel free to give us a call. We offer and stock several different camshafts that work great with just about every combination out there...
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: 2000 z intake?