Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel lines for flex

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel lines for flex

I have read a lot of fuel related forums and non of them answer my question. I have decided to use hard steal lines for my fuel system and I wanted to know what to do in the two areas that need to flex a little for vibration, which are from the engine intake in the front and the fuel tank feed line in the back. I have read that you cant just use rubber hose as it is not rated for high pressure. What do you guys use?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

I just looked up the rating of this SAE30R6 and it states its good for 175 psi. Can I just use a bubble flare to clamp this on. Sorry these high pressure FI stuff is all new to me.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by psi3000
I just looked up the rating of this SAE30R6 and it states its good for 175 psi. Can I just use a bubble flare to clamp this on.
That hose says not for use with fuel injection. Go to the auto parts store and get some fuel injection specific hose, or get the SAE30R9 then I would just do the first step of a double flare, then put 2 fuel inject, on hose clamps (the smooth kind with a nut and bolt, not the screw type) on it with the screw part of the clamps opposite of each other, on each connection and you should be good to go.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

The nylon line works well. Sometimes its hard to find, but they make compression fittings to connect the nylon and steel lines together if you can't find a flaring kit for quick connects.

Otherwise, look for fuel injection hose and do what the above poster said. It runs about 7 bucks a foot.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
That hose says not for use with fuel injection. Go to the auto parts store and get some fuel injection specific hose, or get the SAE30R9 then I would just do the first step of a double flare, then put 2 fuel inject, on hose clamps (the smooth kind with a nut and bolt, not the screw type) on it with the screw part of the clamps opposite of each other, on each connection and you should be good to go.
Agree with the above and IF you plan on hitting the Dragstrip, don't use more than 12" total or you'll fail Tech (if they catch)

Quick Reply: fuel lines for flex