Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads for boosted LS1383 stroker?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heads for boosted LS1383 stroker?

Just wrapping up the engine build for project Judas(Audi RS6 plus LS still AWD)

The 2004 GTO ls1 suffered a bit of an issue due to a failed fuel pump at high rpm. After this I decided to build the motor, it now has a scat 383 striker kit and swaintech coated pistons. Compression ratio is now 9.5:1 f rom custom Mahler pistons. It is also getting a pair of rear mount gt3076 turbos with boost up to 20psi.

My question is wether anyone has a suggestion for aftermarket heads. CBC ports and chamber, big valves and dual springs, ti retainers etc (high rpm motor). Gasket recommendations would be appreciated too.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to our PRC 227cc cylinder heads, they would be great for your boosted setup:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1163-pr...der-heads.aspx
With that kind of boost, I would recommend a head stud kit, and cometic cylinder head gaskets
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
Here is a link to our PRC 227cc cylinder heads, they would be great for your boosted setup:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1163-pr...der-heads.aspx
With that kind of boost, I would recommend a head stud kit, and cometic cylinder head gaskets
Thanks Jake,

Those do look like the business. Reading the specs it mentions for use on stock cube motors with small chambers for extra compression. Given my motor is a stroker 383 is this the correct head for my needs?

We sized the pistons for 9.5:1 cr with the stock 04' GTO LS1 heads, off hand I cant remember the combustion chamber cc we measured.

I have an ARP head stud kit already but need to get gaskets so will take your advice on those thanks.

What is the typical lead time on these heads?

Timmmy
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Those heads are setup for your bore size rather than your cubic inch. They will work great with your application, and we can setup the cc of the combustion chamber to match the stock 68cc head that you had before, so that you can run the same compression.
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
Those heads are setup for your bore size rather than your cubic inch. They will work great with your application, and we can setup the cc of the combustion chamber to match the stock 68cc head that you had before, so that you can run the same compression.
Cool,

Whats the average lead time on a set of heads like this?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If we don't already have them in stock, then usually we quote right around 2 weeks!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heads for boosted LS1383 stroker?