Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam for lotus esprit ls6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam for lotus esprit ls6 swap

ive just started down a long road.. i bought a lotus esprit s1 in CA.. the plan is to install the engine i built for my malibu but never installed.. some of the stuff i never got installed allong with it will also find a place if i can fit it in there...

i found a G50 transmission in germany thats in my budget range and im not trying to do a show car but an OEM like install and keep it as low key and clean as possible... no junk though

but i have a question about the cam in the engine... ist a custom grind for an auto in a 3200 lbs car .. the engine is an 02 ls1 with stage 3 TEA ls6 heads, intake is a victor jr, mls gaskets, apr rod bolts.. im wondering what cam is the right one for a 2300 lbs manual car... i want to use the car on the street and want supercar performance but as im limited by tiresize i dont need gobs of low end torque.. just lopey idle, city driving capable.. strong mid and highend torque and hp...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have Pat G custom spec you a cam. Thats a very cool swap too! But with a car that small its not gonna take much!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

he spec.ed the other cam so he should have all the specifics :-)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is awesome! I would love to see a build thread. Sorry this wasn't helpful advice, I was going to recommend having one custom made as well.

Quick Reply: cam for lotus esprit ls6 swap