Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Harbor Freight DA Polisher

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Harbor Freight DA Polisher

Was flipping through the latest HF flyer and noticed they have a "new" DA polisher for $60. Anyone tried it yet? It looks similar to the beloved PC polisher.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with Harbor Freight is if it's not something you have to use frequently, it's normally worth it. Pretty much all of my hand tools are HF, none of them have failed yet. I've also had good luck with an electric impact from HF. They work fine, but I don't use them very often.

If you're only going to use it every once in a while, I'd chance $60 on a HF polisher if it was actually a DA.

Fwiw, most of us go with the PC from autogeek because they have good packages to get the polisher and pads and other stuff all at once for a good price.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know HF tools are hit or miss, but I was hoping that someone has tried this specific tool. I would get a PC but they rarely show up used on CL or eBay. I would volunteer to be a guinea pig and test it but I've never used a PC and I'm no expert on detailing so I wouldn't be able to give a fair comparison.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and it works well. You'll need to get another velcro pad for it though because the diameter of the included one fits no readily available pads. At least not in my experience. But I've never used a PC either.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight DA Polisher