Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Control SS Brake Line Kit Wrong?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs down Traction Control SS Brake Line Kit Wrong?

I was about to install the 6-line stainless steel braided brake line kit on my RS from Goodridge, but I only see 5 lines on the car, and it DOES have ASR! Looks like this is the wrong kit, as there is no component for the T-connector on the axle.

Anyone else run into this? Make sure you check what you have before you order...
Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, TCS equipped vehicles require the six line kit and as with many of the kits out there you have to pay attention whether you are ordering the 5 or 6 line kit as many of the companies offer both. I ordered a 6 line set from Goodridge for my SS and was disappointing that the braided lines didn't have the clear vinyl cover. I contacted their customer service asking what the deal was and was told I order the "standard" kit. There was no option on the site I ordered from so didn't know there was a difference. I thought most of the well known companies sold their braided lines with the cover. In the picture you can see the yellow tag looks silly hanging loose like it was heat shrink and they forgot to use a heat gun on it.
Attached Thumbnails Traction Control SS Brake Line Kit Wrong?-caliper-brake-line.jpg  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So the kit is for 98-03 [sic] (no Camaros made in 03!) with traction control -- so is ASR on my '02 somehow not considered traction control?! Wasn't there a different traction control system in earlier 4th Gens? I think Goodridge made a mistake!

What is dumb is the Goodridge supplied clips are so loose that they flop around until they get some road dirt to lodge them in place -- a different design than the OEM ones -- did you reuse the OEM clips?

As for a vinyl cover -- what would be the purpose? The yellow tag is just their branding.

Originally Posted by ssgunny
Yeah, TCS equipped vehicles require the six line kit and as with many of the kits out there you have to pay attention whether you are ordering the 5 or 6 line kit as many of the companies offer both. I ordered a 6 line set from Goodridge for my SS and was disappointing that the braided lines didn't have the clear vinyl cover. I contacted their customer service asking what the deal was and was told I order the "standard" kit. There was no option on the site I ordered from so didn't know there was a difference. I thought most of the well known companies sold their braided lines with the cover. In the picture you can see the yellow tag looks silly hanging loose like it was heat shrink and they forgot to use a heat gun on it.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe TCS (traction control system) and ASR (anti slip regulation) are the same thing. I have seen companies that offer different parts sometimes label the years through 2003 for our cars so it happens.

I reused the OEM clips although some were pretty tight to get in with the new lines. I agree those flimsy clips Goodridge supplied were just too loose and wouldn't do the job IMO.

A vinyl cover or sleeve is normally clear and keeps debris and dirt out of the braiding.

Yes the yellow tag is their branding (and told to me by the rep at Goodridge it marked the line "is DOT" approved although it does not state that) but as I said before it looks silly hanging loose like it does even though Goodridge said it is supposed to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traction Control SS Brake Line Kit Wrong?