New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with my security system??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Whats up with my security system??

Ive been having a problem with my security system acting up after I wash my car. I bypassed the Pass-Key system with a resistor. and it worked fine for about a week, I probably started the car 50 times without problems. Well, I just washed my car today for the first time since I bypassed the key resistor, and the same story, car won't start. All of my accessories operate normally, everything seems fine until I go to crank it over, nothing happens. The security light on the dash remains light for about 5 minutes. If I let my car sit overnight, or even sometimes a few hours it will fire right up. Does this sound like something is getting wet, or is a sensor reading that someone has been messing with the car, and it takes forever to reset?? Thanks In Advance.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure that washing your car would get the security system wet

Might want to check and make sure resistor is seated good.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

The resistor is soldered in. there are sensors on the car (i.e in the spare tire compartment) I was curious if anyone knows of other locations, or if anyone has been through the same thing.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Teching In

This morning my security light came on and the car wouldnt start, exact same as u said. i tried over and over at differant time and no go, then later today i went out and gave it a try and it started, so i washed it and went to go to a car show, 20 miles away or so the light comes on, so i drive home quickly and park it, turn it off then started it back up, started right back up like it should but the light was still on?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

EXACTLY My same problem!!! I still can't figure it out. I have tried everything I can think of. I cover every electrical component i can find with plastic bags before I wash the car, still gives me trouble. One guy on here told me there might be a theft sensor on the wheels, I looked but couldn't find anything other than the ABS sensor wires, but, Today I took my center caps during tech inspections at the track and my alarm went off. There must be a sensor somewhere that I can't see (Anybody Know??). My 4mula - If you figure yours out be sure to chime in with the solution.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt

i know someone on here can explain exactly what that security light is all about.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had this happen to me last summer. I would start the car drive around whatever, turn it off and try to start it again and nothing. The security light would either saty on or flash. Kept getting worse over a period of a few days, and then it wouldnt even crank nothing. had to have it towed to find out what it was. It turns out that the ignition cylinder had to be replaced, due to the wiring that connects to the ignition cylinder which was worn and making a bad connection. The security light comes on from the alarm system which makes it impossible to steal the car. If the wires are cut the car wont move. It solved my problem for around $150.