Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 heads

Old 04-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 heads

I'm new to the LS-1 style heads. I doing a h/c and lt's on a 99 camaro I just bought. Heads are 5.3's, I ported them, not much material removed, just on valve stem guide bosses, unshrouded the valves because I went with a 2.02/1.60 combination. I also had them shaved 10, just to resurface them. I have a small cam 212/218--114 along with matching springs, ported maf, O2 sims, aftermarket airlid, 160 thermostat, NGK TR55, smoothed out the TB, Shaved the throttle plate stop, Smooth out the runners on the intake and around the injectors, cut the EGR tube, off road y pipe and 3in. all the way back to the flowmaster muffler. I have a preditor tuner to make small ajustments if need be. The car will be used mainly for the highway. I have a highly modified vehicle for stalking mustangs on sundays so this will be my travelling car. Is there anything I will need to know before cranking it up. It has a stock short block. Hyperupuktic piston and me don't get along. Any advice on potential problems you think I will run into let me know.

Search this Thread