Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Back in the game

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the game

Hello all! I had 2 Z28 LT1 camaros back in the 90's. Both were T56 cars. I had a 94 then a 95. When I had my 95 my buddy bought a Formula with the T56. He has had it ever since. He offered it to me at what I believe is a great deal. It needs a couple of things.

1. New headlight gears. He already turned them around but that side has worn out also. Is it worth the money to go with the brass replacements or should I just slap in a set of stockers for awhile?

2. He resealed the tail lights but the backup lights do not work. Probably the switch in the trans. Is this a screw in part or do you have to open the trans to replace it?

3. The hatch will not stay up on its own. I need to find a good source/price for the replacement parts.

The car has 86 kmiles on it. He has put all but 8k which is what it had when he bought it. It has a B&M ripper, Underdrive pulley, Borla cat back, Moroso CAI, Skip shift eliminator and has never had anything but Mobile 1 full synthetic in it. I helped install most of the bolt ons back in the day. we were stationed together in the Navy. I have done a burnout in this car a couple of times showing him the way. LOL. He has taken great care of the car and it has not been beaten down. I'm not crazy about green with Tan leather combo but for the price and knowing the car as I do I'm jumping on it!! I'll be seeing you guys on a regular basis soon as I plan to upgrade the brakes too. I'll post up pics when he brings it up to me next weekend.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see the pics of the car, and welcome to the site!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Teching In

welcome
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Teching In

I was cleaning up the car today. Sorry no pics yet. I was wondering what year tail lights are compatible with my car. Will only 93-97 fit or can I use some from a 98-02? Mine just need to be replaced to make me happy.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Welcome but I want pics, haha.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

I would do the brass gears but if money is tight you should get 10 years or more out of the stockers.
Have you checked to see if the reverse bulbs are good? They could just be burnt out.
You can find the rear hatch struts on ebay for a good price. It's worth spending extra to get a better product too.
Welcome!

Quick Reply: Back in the game