Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Howdy everyone! My Name is Ash. I'm From Grass Valley, CA. Grew up in junkyards and around hotrods. Father is a mechanic no naturally i was at his work all the time. To his disliking i got heavily into imports, Mostly Mitsubishi's.
My dad has had this 68 Camaro sitting in his shop for years, and i would always bug him to let me fix it up because he never has enough money to do what he wants with it. Long story short i finely broke him a few weeks back and he sold it to me. It's pretty bare (basically a shell with wheels) I just ordered everything to complete the body, but now i'm trying to figure out the engine situation. I don't have a whole lot of cash to drop into the engine at the moment because of everything else the car needs to get road worthy again. My dad has a LS 5.3 laying around that he threw in with the car so i think that's what's going in it for now. I've been doing a little research (which lead me here) about the 5.3's and i think im going to bring it up to a 5.7. Seems like that will be a good start with the budget i'm on.

Here's a pic of how the car sits right now.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Good luck with the build and keep us posted!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks im going to need it. Not looking forward to putting the new floorpan, firewall and cowl panel in. Lots of cutting and stiching

Quick Reply: Newbie