General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

bbk underdrive pully help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bbk underdrive pully help

Ok i have searched an all i can find is on lt1's. I have a 2000 ls1 camaro. I purchased a bbk underdrive pulley kit, it stated that it would work with factory belts, well it doesn't on mine. What belts do i need? Also how do i know for sure that the pulley is all the way on? It looks to be in line an i have torqued it down to 45 ft. lbs.any an all info much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the world of getting to know your Napa dealer. All you can do is take down your old belt and get one a little longer shorter then what you have, as long as you have the sleeve that the belt comes in it is not usually an issue to return so pick up a couple of different lengths to find out which one works best.
Do you have a manual tensioner, then wrap the belt. let it have some flex and then start the motor, let it run turn off and check.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe when they wrote "ALL BBK performance under drive pulley kits use existing factory serpentine belts", they were talking about the style, and not the length? You wanted more available HP via pulley, so it stands to reason that a part with a smaller radius/diameter/circumference won't need an OEM length belt.

http://www.bbkperformance.com/download_file.php?pvk=534

NOTE; INSTALLATION OF THIS KIT REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING-
(1)77” 6 RIB BELT,
(1) 37.7” 4 RIB BELT,

Quick Reply: bbk underdrive pully help