New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of expert help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of expert help!

I have a 99 ss camaro that I have a Few ?'s on. First of all....The car was an original t56 car....then they put in the auto...dunno why but they did. clutch pedal still there just tied up against firewall. would it be an easy swap back to the t-56? i know its not gonna be cheap but just wondering how difficult it would be.
The reason for my thinking is because 1st gear shift real hard and wont shift until about 2500 rpm. It had a recent rear tranny seal bad so I replaced it. it was 2 quarts low on fluid and didnt know if fluid was full synthetic or not. I ended up putting reg tranny fluid in it that O'reilly Auto's computer recommended. Do you think a fluid flush and filter change fix my problem? Any help would be greatly appriecated!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not an expert, but I'll put in my $.02 if ya' care. It sounds like a shift kit installed.Idk, its hard to tell with limited info.Its not hard to swap back to a manual, especially when the pedals are there already. Oh yeah, Welcome to the fray !!!.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 AM

Thanks. has like a 2000 stall converter and may have shift kit but still should not shift as hard as it does.....when i first bought it, seemed to shift fine and at around 1500 rpm when just putting through town...now if i barely run up the gas...won't shift till at least 2500 rpm...but way harder than a normal shift kit. So I guess I still need an answer...but I really want to thank you for your time you took to reply to my post.

Quick Reply: In need of expert help!