New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance program suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance program suggestions?

Hi everyone. Had the camaro for over a month now. Love my car. Starting to listen to the motor and road noises, suspension squeeks etc... And becoming a hypochondriac. Anyone have some serious advice on where to start on a maintenance program to make it run and last forever? 115000 miles on the motor want to make it reliable first then improve. Previous owner reprogrammed the computer (says his own work, no brand or factory involved) wont give to much info except runs real good in cooler weather. I don't know enough about what you change when doing that. Seems to run great to me. But would like to know what changes from stock were made. Tranny seem good but feels weird when going to final overdrive around 45- to 50 mph. Slow to switch but maybe normal. I guess what I need is one of you pro long time owners, if you bought a 10 year old hi-po ride where would you start? anyhow thanks for the help. Will listen and learn.

Alan.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might wanna swap plugs, wires, check air filter, rear diff fluid, trans fluid, coolant flush, brake bleed, fuel filter. then check suspension bushings to see if there is some opportunity there. id prolly run a can of seafoam through a tank of gas as well for your injectors. those would be a good start for maintenance. then start the modding!

Quick Reply: Maintenance program suggestions?