Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel level sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel level sensor

Just purchased a 99 Camaro SS and my check engine light came on and I noticed my Fuel guage needle stuck on full. The Chevy house says that an internal fuel sensor thats part of the fuel pump and its a grand to fix, but according to Racetronix they have a replacement fuel pump thats external. In which case ill turn those wrenches myself but im not sure if that will fix my fuel level sensor problem. HELP!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

you can go ahead and replace your fuel pump with a much superior racetronixs unit......to fix the fuel level sender by itself is a waste of time.....if you are gunna tear into the tank you might as well replace the pump......it is most cost effective to replace the entire assembly with a delphi unit from racetronixs and then replace the stock pump in that unit with the RT unit.....the assembly is cheaper than buying a sender or regulator by itself
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright so do it all at once with an RT unit and replace the stock pump that would go in that unit with an RT unit. Sweet. Thats the answer I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Fuel level sensor