General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Was Broken Into Need Help fixing window & locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Was Broken Into Need Help fixing window & locks

Hi I have a 94 z28, someone attempted to break in and steal my stereo system but failed.

They broke my driver side window mount, I have attached a picture, its the hole where it should be mounted to the window track.

I was thinking of repairing it but would rather buy a new one, does anyone know where i could find this part & a new set of door & trunk lock cylinders complete with clips and all?

Thanks Guys
Attached Thumbnails Car Was Broken Into Need Help fixing window & locks-photo.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twarner22
Hi I have a 94 z28, someone attempted to break in and steal my stereo system but failed.

They broke my driver side window mount, I have attached a picture, its the hole where it should be mounted to the window track.

I was thinking of repairing it but would rather buy a new one, does anyone know where i could find this part & a new set of door & trunk lock cylinders complete with clips and all?

Thanks Guys
As far as the mount i would first scower a salvage yard or find a pull a part style yard. as far as lock cylinders with clips i would look around at http://www.classicindustries.com/ I was able to order my seat belt guild on the driver side when mine broke. if you cant find it there id again look at salvage yards or around on Amazon/ebay/craigslist.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Thank you, bought my trunk lock on ebay for 20 shipped, going to raid my f-body salvage yard this week
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twarner22
Thank you, bought my trunk lock on ebay for 20 shipped, going to raid my f-body salvage yard this week
Usually you can find really good parts out at those yards. Let me know if you can't find something, ill check a few of my yards here in OK
Old 10-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The window roller breaking is a classic problem with these cars. It looks like the break-in accelerated the deterioration of the situation for you...

The text book repair is to get a new piece of track that holds the glass in. The roller is integral to that part. Other folks have had success welding the post back on to the part. The catch is that you need a good welder who won't heat the thing up so much that they warp the track or shatter the glass.

Quick Reply: Car Was Broken Into Need Help fixing window & locks