Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! Anyone please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help! Anyone please!

I have a 01 ws6 that was a m6. Now I am wanting to go to a 4l60e I thought I had everything.. What is needed or what do I need to do to make the conversion done the right way.. Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

in order to answer your question it would help if we knew what you already have
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

01 ws6 was a 6 speed, wanting to go auto. Trans all in, car is ready to start, had ECM switched to auto. I think wiring is off but don't want to pull apart all the wiring under the dash etc.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Anyone???
Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Launching!

There is a sticky on the top of the page. If you don't find it there, come back and be specific with your issue.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Actually, I'm bored at work. Below info took me 3 seconds to find.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...kies-here.html

When i did my 6 speed to A4 swap this is what i needed to do the job there might be otherways to do the job but this is what i did and it worked and was very easy. If you have any questions at all feel free to pm me.

4l60e Out of a 98 and newer
Torque converter
Flexplate
A4 crossmember out of 98+
Trans dipstick tube
Trans lines for cooler
Trans cooler (6speed radaitors do not have trans coolers built in)
A4 pedeals
A4 shifter
A4 shifter cable
A4 center consule
A4 wireing harness
Get m6 computer reflashed to a A4 computer

Tranny
First disconect the battery Ok it is pretty easy to do the job first the tranny. Start off by suporting the car. Remove the drive shaft out of the car. Then suport the trany with a jack of some sort. take off the trans crossmember. Then take off the torque arm mount off the 6 speed. Get a flat head or pick and on the clutch hydrolic cable push in the white peice on the hose going in the bellhousing in the drivers side. Now with t56 supported start removing all the bolt bolting the tranny to the bellhousing. Then remove all the bellhousing bolts and the clutch and flywheel. Now you will need to install the A4 flexplate.

Go in to the inside of the car and get under the dash you will need to remove the clutch mastercylinder 2 nuts on the fire wall. And all the bolts bolting the pedeals to the fire wall. there will be 4 that go with the break booster and 2 over by the gas pedeal and 1 that is up by the steering colum. Now we need to remove the master to get it out of the firewall. When remvoing the pedeals they will come out with out remveing anything eles. Rotate them counter clockwise aroudn the steering shaft and it will come out re install them the same way.

( 2 options find clutch pedeal plug in and ether connect the 2 together or you can run the wires to the auto shifter to get the PRNDL switch hook up correctly this will only cause the car to start in any gear)

Ok you will have a hole in the fire wall where you removed the master cylinder you will need to covwer this with something. Get creative.
On the center consule you will need to remove the uper part wich has a bolt under the ash tray and 2 in the glove box. I just left the rubber 6 speed boot and useed RTV to cover the hole of the where the shifter comes up. There will be a airbag sensor under there and remove the 2 bolts closest to the front of the car and install the auto shifter and reinstall the bolts.And then get the shifter calbe pop a hold in the rubber boot and slide it through and in to the shifter.

Ok get the a4 harness and figure out where ever plug in goes before you even start. On the inside of the car take off the passanger side kick panel and un plug the connects come from the fire under the computer. Now get under the hood and remove the wireing harness. all teh plugins are the same besides for the wires going to the tranys. When are installing the new be sure to plug in the ones that went it so the firewall and run them just like factory had them.

Ok remove the starter and fill the converter full of fluid and install it in thecar and them put them both in the car. put all the bellhousting bolt in the trany and install it then put the torque converter bolts in the flywheel. Install the new trans crossmember in the car alond with the new driveshaft. Plug in all the plugs in in to the tranny. Now you will need to connect the shifter cable to bolts on the trans pan and it clips on the side of the tranny. Now you will need to run cooler lines i just used trans rubber hose from autozone to the cooler and back support it along the was to the body. Fill it up with fluid and you should be done.

Well i most likley forgot something on this and it is late. So if you have any questions pm me.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks low pro! Didn't see the sticky did a search and a bunch of no topic related threads came up.

Quick Reply: Need help! Anyone please!