WTF is goin on with this New window tint BULLSHIT LAW! 25% this year..

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF is goin on with this New window tint BULLSHIT LAW! 25% this year..

******* tint law raised to 25% wtf........... I went to three different places today to try to get inspected in my Trailblazer SS and they all put that bullshit thing on my window and refused... They didnt do that last year to it or have ever done that to any of my vehicles.. Im withdrawing myself from law abiding citizen status and saying **** YOU TEXAS Im not getting it inspected. You will just have another bullshit reason to pull me over... SUCK A BAG OF DICKS!!!! I hope you make so much money off seatbelt tickets and save so many police officers lives by raising the ****** tint law

I hope I dont forget my sunglasses and run over any pedestrians due to the blinding sun cause your new dumbass law..

I feel so much better now....
Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I always thought it was 35%? Either way, the key is to know people.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it says "Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver, which open, have less than 25% light transmittance." That was on the inspect for and reject list. Mines 35% and the shop i go to never really checks for anything just the usual make sure it honks and drives and come back
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chaos07
it says "Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver, which open, have less than 25% light transmittance." That was on the inspect for and reject list. Mines 35% and the shop i go to never really checks for anything just the usual make sure it honks and drives and come back
Thats what happened last year they didnt care as long as lights brakes and the huffer passed .. The 1st thing the ******* did was put that thing on the driver and passenger window. Its almost like a DPS officer came through here and ticketed them.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Roll your windows down & pull the fuse. There is no law in Texas saying you have to have side windows. No problem.

Luke
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NelsonLt1
Roll your windows down & pull the fuse. There is no law in Texas saying you have to have side windows. No problem.

Luke
lol exactly.

OP, just find someone who doesnt check tint. My wife and I debated about 8 months ago between 20% and 25%. Ended up going with 20% because 25% looks like garbage on an SRT8 Charger, the extra 5% made a huge difference in appearence. Never had problems with tint at inspection, not like my wife gives a **** anyway.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

That ****'s not new, get over it. Texas state law used to be 35% for front windows and I've been ticketed for it by DPS, I found a place to give me paperwork saying I had the tint redone at 35% and that was the end of it. Brush the sand out of your vagina and find someone "nice" to pass it for you...
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Any idea where i can get a car past that doesn't have cats and won't pass emissions? Moved down to Houston from Oklahoma where we don't have inspections anymore.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
That ****'s not new, get over it. Texas state law used to be 35% for front windows and I've been ticketed for it by DPS, I found a place to give me paperwork saying I had the tint redone at 35% and that was the end of it. Brush the sand out of your vagina and find someone "nice" to pass it for you...

I brushed the sand out of my vagina long ago...... I do have someone nice to pass it for me but it costs more . It just makes me angry that every year they keep getting more strict ... I have lots of friends that are police officers.. They are the type that wont pull you over for some bullshit like this so this thread is no means disrespecting them. I just feel like pretty soon we wont even be able to have anything nice and custom.. They are making it harder for car enthusiasts to enjoy what we love by tearing down what we like them to look like...My trailblazer is completely blacked out and making the windows 25% is gonna look like ****..........
Old 10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Luke
U know My mind usually thinks like yours ... I should have been thinking like you today
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADMOON
I brushed the sand out of my vagina long ago...... I do have someone nice to pass it for me but it costs more . It just makes me angry that every year they keep getting more strict ... I have lots of friends that are police officers.. They are the type that wont pull you over for some bullshit like this so this thread is no means disrespecting them. I just feel like pretty soon we wont even be able to have anything nice and custom.. They are making it harder for car enthusiasts to enjoy what we love by tearing down what we like them to look like...My trailblazer is completely blacked out and making the windows 25% is gonna look like ****..........
I know things are getting more strict and I pray to god that we don't end up like Cali. But in this case, it's nothing new. If the new law is really 25% then they've actually relaxed it a little bit because it used to be 35. Now if you really wanna bitch about stupid laws, let it be the front plate law...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nssane02
now if you really wanna bitch about stupid laws, let it be the front plate law...
amen!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM
12 Second Club

If the new law is really 25% then they've actually relaxed it a little bit because it used to be 35.
It works the other way, brother. Translation, you could block 35% light transition, now only 25%. And it is a VERY noticable difference.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This law isn't new, it's been around for a while now. When I was doing inspections over a year ago I failed people left and right for it. There is no grandfathering in of previously purchased tint that was legal when it was put on. Failing is failing. The easiest thing to do is roll down the windows and pull the fuse. If you can't check it, you can't fail for it. If they ask, just say the motors are bad and you keep it parked in the garage. Most inspection laws are easy to get around and if you put two seconds on genuine thought into it you would just go around the problem instead of butting your head into it.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Launching!

If the new law is really 25% then they've actually relaxed it a little bit because it used to be 35.
It was actually 20% not too long ago, then got changed to 25%, sucks

Now if you really wanna bitch about stupid laws, let it be the front plate law.

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
It works the other way, brother. Translation, you could block 35% light transition, now only 25%. And it is a VERY noticable difference.
The % is how much light is allowed, not how much is blocked (Limo's have 5%). And yeah from I agree, 35% to 25% is a huge difference
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have 2% all the way around. You know why? Cause i don't give a ****!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

5% is considered "limo tint." The lower the number, the less light gets through (more gets reflected) and the darker the tint. My Camaro had 30% front and 15% on the hatch. The hatch tint was much darker.

The law was 20% when I moved back to TX 8-10 years ago. The law applies to the front side windows only. I know because we had a car with 20% tint all around that was legal. My Camaro had 15% and had to be redone though. Every tint shop I spoke with wouldn't use anything darker than 30% on the front side windows in TX. This is because the windows already have a small percentage of reflectivity. The hatch could be any darkness.

In 09 I believe it went to from 20-25% front side windows only.
This is unconfirmed, but I was told when I had my V windows tinted last year that a new law was coming that would apply to all side windows. So even rear side windows need to be 25% (30% tint) also. With that said, my car passed inspection in Aug with 20% on the rear side windows and back so the validity of that is questionable. Lot of bad info out there as with most laws they change regularly so double check on what you hear.

The front plate law isn't much of an issue since it is very loosely enforced, much like the emission equipment laws.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's why everyone needs a good Mexican friends that lives in the hood lol
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Luke
this...You can't see **** out my 99 and that is exactly what I did.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
Negative, you got it backwards.

Originally Posted by hiram007
It was actually 20% not too long ago, then got changed to 25%, sucks
No ****?? The dps guy told me it was 35 for front side windows and the shop I went to to get my "receipt" told me the same... Wierd

Quick Reply: WTF is goin on with this New window tint BULLSHIT LAW! 25% this year..