Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Twins to FMIC (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Procharger Twins to FMIC (Pics)

I decided to revise the intercooling system on my firebird and try a FMIC while adding my Burkhart front bumper support that I've had on my shelf for a little while. Since this is a LT1 car, I was stuck with the smaller, 3.5" twin intercooler system from Procharger. While I did put down some relatively respectable power through them, I could see the IAT's got hot real quick under extended boost.

Below are pics of the bumper support of which a buddy of mine added brackets to hold the intercooler. The intercooler is a 31x12x4 which I've seen used quite often. I will see how well it works for me and if needed, I will jump to a higher quality unit. My hope is I pick up a little CFM through the new system and cooler IATs.

All I need now is to finish up the piping and get the front bumper cover back from paint.

Before:

After:

And a pic of the car with the drag wheels/tires on just for fun.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man. I'm interested in your results. Are you cutting the fascia for flow or leaving it untouched?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Evaporate
Looks good man. I'm interested in your results. Are you cutting the fascia for flow or leaving it untouched?
Leaving it untouched for now. I don't like LT1 birds with the front cut up. The LS birds pull that look off much better. I will see how it does with the fog lights out and go from there. I may consider a puller fan behind the intercooler depending on how this does.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Leaving it untouched for now. I don't like LT1 birds with the front cut up. The LS birds pull that look off much better. I will see how it does with the fog lights out and go from there. I may consider a puller fan behind the intercooler depending on how this does.
I completely agree on not wanting to cut the front up. I like the fogs too much to get rid of them though.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Evaporate
I completely agree on not wanting to cut the front up. I like the fogs too much to get rid of them though.
I agree. I may try and fit the fogs in but won't know that until I put the bumper cover back on.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

The charge piping is all done. I just need to tighten everything up for good. Everything fits really well satisfies my OCD with these kinds of things.

I've also included a few pics of my redneck pipe bead maker. The piping kit I bought had this done to all the ends but I needed to cut some of the pipes so everything fit appropriately. I stole this idea from the internet and it works surprisingly well. I made one for the 3" pipe and another for the 3.5" pipe.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

So I've been a bit busy with the car recently. I finished up the Procharger twin intercoolers to single FMIC setup. It's performing very well so far and I can't wait to get it to the track in a little over a month. I can probably find a way to get my custom halo foglights back in but for now, I'm liking the FMIC look. The front bumper had some stone chips and such which really bothered me so I had it repainted as well. I was rushing to snap some pics before the sun went down.

Quick Reply: Procharger Twins to FMIC (Pics)