Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor wire, where it go??

Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default knock sensor wire, where it go??

There grub rubber hose I just found attached to my **** sensor wire. Its got a plug attached to it also, both ends of the hose are open, where do these go!?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Um, either autocorrect is messing with you or English is your third or fourth language LOL.

I assume you are talking about the little vacuum line that went to your air system, which you probably removed. You need to cap the tee that it used to pluginto at the back of the intake but the other remaining portion that goes to the passenger side does need to be attached to the intake or you won't be able to switch your heater vents off the floor.

The red electrical plug went to the solenoid that actuated the air system...assuming I interpreted your question correctly.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

The air system has been removed. I assumed that the back of the intake was plugged with the brake booster being on the driver side, some really small vacuum line on passenger side (is this what you were talking about capping over??) And then some type of clip on top..

The other thing I am now getting lost on is the 2 places that hoses enter on top of the
Valve cover on passenger side. I've deleted air and e g r so does this have anything to do with this stuff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: knock sensor wire, where it go??