Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo ls1 mustang project

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo ls1 mustang project

I havent been able to use a computer in a while but anyways my project is about to be finished..took about 3 months to finish due to having to work more hours and having less time to put into the car, but i should have it running this week. only have one pic at the moment but the turbo kit is finished, clutch is finished, just gotta put the tranny back in with my new centerforce clutch kit and i gotta get a 2 bar map sensor and then its tune time.
Attached Thumbnails Turbo ls1 mustang project-img_20121002_133159.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the car that Kyle (KB racing) built the kit for? Looks good.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Can't wait to see how it does on the street.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

no, the kit was built by some high school kids..haha me, my friend, and our welding coach at school. and yea i cant wait either, gunna be sweet.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

looks great
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

thanks..on my next paycheck i get to start it up. but thats next friday. :/ gotta buy the license to tune it. Got my down pipe and turbo oil return finished..nothing left to do to the car besides tuning out the vats and a good tune and putting my chevy yoke on my ford drive shaft.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Hey just a heads up. My buddy just built a pro charged T/A with a 8# pulley. He had the same stupid air filter on it and it would not make over 5# of boost with it took it off and its a whole diff car. Wouldnt make **** on dyno with it on
Old 10-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

you talking about the little baby silver filter? its the only one that fits though. well it should work for now atleast but thanks for the heads up bud!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

well im in the process of tuning my car and should have it up and drivable by atleast tuesday. just gotta put my new yoke on my alluminum ford driveshaft then its out to break in the engine. It took longer than i was hoping to get done, but like everyone says, its worth it in the end..i just hope im not let down by the amount of horsepower ill have.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Horsepower is just a number. Get it to the track that's where the real numbers are at.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
Is this the car that Kyle (KB racing) built the kit for? Looks good.
I have the car Kyle built the kit for.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

well horsepower is where its at for me right now trentors!! there is NO WAY im taking my car to the track untill i get a clutch kit, and a badass bellhousing..you brake them on the street even though your car is heavier, im still not gunna chance it..tuned my car today, should have it on the road either tomorrow or wednesday, then its time to start saving up for a clutch, bellhousing, and the gf's birthday wishes..haha :p
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very clean. Just a word of advice, you might think about putting a 90 degree elbow off the turbo and pulling air from somewhere other than the stuff coming off the radiator. I think you are going to be seeing some serious heat through that thing. It may just be the way it looks in the picture, but something to think about.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

yea i am, im going to run a cold air intake from the turbo pretty much, just havent done it yet, going to do alot of different things once i start driving it and dont have a million things to worry about on it everyday. '
I accually just got it started today, it purrs like a kitten. haha runs pretty well, i was expecting to have some problems at crankup with somthing since its a custom build for everything bu surprisingly i had no problem at all except its running rich right now, fixing that tomorrow and hopefully be driving it home from my school tomorrow or the next day.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

drove my car today at school. its still needs a good final tune and i gotta finish a few things but i am hopeing to drive it to work tomorrow. the moment ive been waiting for has come..oh and btw after adjusting my clutch pedal setup my clutch works great. only thing left for the car to be complete after my tune will be getting my tach, speedo, odometer, and temp gauge to work which will be easy..i spent alot of time making a badass easy wiring diagram to wire it up with to get it all to work. should be simple. will post a thread with alot of pictures on sunday i hope of all the different things i did with my swap that im pretty sure other people havent done yet.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Launching!

SO did you get your driveshaft shortened? Pretty nice build since I'm doing something similar. Gt45 and m6 daily driven.
How many #'s are gonna run?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

i accually didnt get my driveshaft shortened..well not yet atleast..not much play with the yoke in the tranny..i just used an old checvy 350 turbo yoke and my ford alluminum driveshaft and mic the u-joint.
and for right now whenever i do end up getting my car on the road since im having problem after problem with tuning it i will only be running 7psi with the 76mm turbo, 50mm bov, and 50mm wg. should be pretty descent for a stocker..i drove it a few times and it seems like itll make me happy but its just being a pain in the *** to tune safely.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSX FOX
i accually didnt get my driveshaft shortened..well not yet atleast..not much play with the yoke in the tranny..i just used an old checvy 350 turbo yoke and my ford alluminum driveshaft and mic the u-joint.
and for right now whenever i do end up getting my car on the road since im having problem after problem with tuning it i will only be running 7psi with the 76mm turbo, 50mm bov, and 50mm wg. should be pretty descent for a stocker..i drove it a few times and it seems like itll make me happy but its just being a pain in the *** to tune safely.
Oh ok I'm at that point on my build to shorten the driveshaft.
How do U like the 340l pump? I'm going to end up getting that pump for my setup.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

yea id definetly check if yours needs to be shortened first, i could have a diferent kmember or longer drive shaft..you never know, i need to get mine shortened though, but itll work for now.
and that 340 pump is badass in my opinion..for a single pump system its powerful, im only going to run mine at 43.5psi at idle and then i have a boost reference regulator thatll make it go up from their as i get on it but im liking it so far..before i set my regulator it was set at like a 100psi and it accually busted my expensive liquid filled gauge so be careful..could have just been a piece of crap..idk
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSX FOX
yea id definetly check if yours needs to be shortened first, i could have a diferent kmember or longer drive shaft..you never know, i need to get mine shortened though, but itll work for now.
and that 340 pump is badass in my opinion..for a single pump system its powerful, im only going to run mine at 43.5psi at idle and then i have a boost reference regulator thatll make it go up from their as i get on it but im liking it so far..before i set my regulator it was set at like a 100psi and it accually busted my expensive liquid filled gauge so be careful..could have just been a piece of crap..idk
yeah ive been worried about the pump when i go fi. all the mustang guys aregoing twin, tripple pumps and i dont see why in the hell i'd do that when i can just get one. so i spent a little bit of time researching and for my goals that pump is dooable for what i want.
yeah i have aje kmember, t56, ima shove the m6 driveshaft i got and see how close i have.

Quick Reply: Turbo ls1 mustang project